How soon should you start texting?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

musiclover125
    Participant
    February 9, 2013 at 7:59 pm #22252

I’ve been talking to a guy online recently. Within two days of chatting online he gave me his number. So far he seems like a nice guy. I don’t feel 100% comfortable, I’ve had a bad experience giving a guy my number from a dating site. What should I do?

carlycatz
    carlycatz
    Participant
    February 11, 2013 at 11:49 am #22270

Listen to your instincts. You’ve already given him your number so there’s no use for advice there. But if you’re worried about things going too fast just be extremely careful where you decide to meet in person. With online dating you’re supposed to try and take things offline so you haven’t done anything wrong just meet during the day and have friends with you, don’t make it too serious, you are only just strangers….

scarlettjoe
    Participant
    February 13, 2013 at 5:59 pm #22642

What are you not 100% comfortable about? If it’s about giving your number, well yea, that’s it, it’s been done. Are you uncomfortable talking to him? Then stop. Tell him you’re busy and don’t lead him to believe you’ll be seeing him anytime soon.

Next time, DON’T give out your number ?