How Successful Is Online Dating?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DKing3
    Participant
    March 5, 2015 at 11:36 am #74800

Just kind of a random question I wondered about and thought I’d ask! So how successful do you really think online dating can be as far as finding someone to have a meaningful lasting relationship!? I personally feel like it is possible, BUT it is pretty rare.

seantheman
    Participant
    March 6, 2015 at 11:49 am #74931

It all depends on how much you want to spend and even then, a paid dating site will yield less potential partners, especially if you are in a younger age group. That is how I see it. It is possible to find someone who you may even end up marrying, but many sites you have to dig through a lot of weird people sadly. I’ve met one person on a dating site that I have really had a connection with. Due to my parents not liking her job and such (simply put, she was not wealthy enough for them), they did not accept her, and eventually broke up.

Is online dating successful? For the ones looking for a fun time, no relationship intentions, or the shallow men who want the size 0 women with DD’s, and women who want this 6-pack man who will never go bald, then it is “successful”. These types of people have a lower standard of what they deem successful, and simply “getting into his or her pants” is enough. You are not this type, and you have to really dig around…it is possible, but more difficult

CassieRose
    CassieRose
    Participant
    March 6, 2015 at 1:14 pm #74939

I’ve tried online dating with multiple phone apps and websites. I think the problem with the whole thing is 90% of the people online are on their for a friend with benefits. You got a scavenge through a lot of people to find a good one.

Danae102
    Participant
    March 15, 2015 at 4:47 pm #75398

Online dating can be a wonderful experience, but just like on catfish you could meet those people who don’t show their face. They could be a killer or some weirdo. I would be careful when dating online.

frankies1986
    Participant
    March 15, 2015 at 7:15 pm #75401

I’ve had fairly good success. It just takes time and a lot of effort.

rayj83
    Participant
    March 16, 2015 at 10:39 am #75414

I’ve found it can be very hit and miss – you end up going out a lot more (because there are more options) but the quality isn’t always great.

nico2819
    Participant
    March 16, 2015 at 3:03 pm #75423

I’ve been on and off of them for three years now. I’ve met some great women but haven’t met one that I’ve really clicked with. Other than that I feel there great and better than heading to a bar or club.

Franz Liszt
    Participant
    March 16, 2015 at 6:48 pm #75441

It can happen but it´s really rare. Also the situation from the beggining ist too pretentious so that each part can be relax. That´s my experience.

Franz Liszt
    Participant
    March 16, 2015 at 6:50 pm #75442

That´s true. Most people just look for for someone who will make him happy but they don´y think if they should also make happy the other one

gkos90
    Participant
    March 17, 2015 at 7:53 am #75445
    Reply To: How Successful Is Online Dating?

Many young people use online dating instead of real life flirting.I believe that behind a monitor a person is more free to express than in real life conditions.But i prefer to meet a girl in a bar because i can have a feeback from her attitude and body language!

gman94
    Participant
    March 24, 2015 at 6:52 pm #75960

It’s worth a shot

JeffS
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 8:42 am #76270

I have had lots of dates thanks to online dating. There is no guarantee that you will land a meaningful relationship. It is one of many ways to meet people you may be interested in dating. It helps me get dates as I am not comfortable approaching strangers.

dark_angel
    Participant
    April 10, 2015 at 5:44 am #76983

it actually depends on both parties on how willing are they to make it work.

LearningAgain
    Participant
    April 14, 2015 at 8:54 pm #77263

I’m new to online dating and finding it terrible. I never had a problem “traditional” dating in my twenties, now i’m 33 and every single online date ends up in a disaster in some way. Im starting to lose hope

blueberry
    Participant
    April 14, 2015 at 11:07 pm #77266

I recommened tinder highly, especially if you are living in a city!

1 2 4