How to approach getting in a relationship through online dating?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mattmando2
    Participant
    October 26, 2014 at 2:06 pm #66566

So I’ve been messaging a girl from tinder for about a month now off and on and just recently she came to a party I invited her to. She seemed to have a good time and seemed decently interested when she was here and said she’d love to see me again sometime. I want to ask her to do something sometime but I’m not sure what’s appropriate and if it’s a date or what. My friend says I have to hang out a couple times and ask her on a date in person but is that really how it goes? I’m just confused as to how the progression works when using online dating in regards to labels and also as far as physical contact goes (we hugged when she got here and when she left but nothing more at least so far)..

athenamur
    Participant
    October 30, 2014 at 12:06 am #66813

Girl with online dating experience here. Yes, ask her on a date. If you do things too casually with her, she may get the wrong idea and think you’re only looking to just hook up, and if that’s not what she is wanting then that may give her a bad impression of you. If you are serious about this girl and see her as a potential girlfriend, then show her that. For the first couple dates I would limit the physical contact to just kissing. Again, you don’t want to give her the wrong impression that you’re after more than that, and that will probably make her have a lot of respect for you. It will show that you’re not wanting to move too fast and that you’re interested in more than just what’s downstairs. You don’t have to read too much into the situation between the two of you. Just because the two of you met online doesn’t mean you have to treat the situation differently. Take her out, get to know her better, talk, make her laugh, and see what happens from there.

Anonymous
    November 5, 2014 at 4:13 am #67040

Lol,i don’t think