How to ask a girl out on a group fitness class?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tstudent
    Participant
    October 16, 2015 at 3:44 am #86949

Hello! So, there’s this really cute girl on a group fitness class that I’m also attending (similar to bodypump). I’ve been wondering how I could talk to her or even ask her out sometime. The thing is, I don’t want to be creepy, and I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable on the next classes if she’s not interested. Basically here are my options:

Before class: There are several people waiting for the class to begin outside the room. No one’s talking, except if someone came with a friend. Starting a conversation in that situation might put her on a spot.

During the class: Not really an option. There might be a little time after we get the equipment ready, or when we’re putting the equipment back after the class.

After the class: Everybody is hurrying to shower. Waiting until she’s finished would be creepy, as there’s no cafe or any other excuse to stay after the class. It would be too obvious that I’m waiting for her.

Any tips? Thanks!

jrptn
    Participant
    October 18, 2015 at 3:10 am #87012

Based on what the description of the class I would shoot for before, or after if you caught her leaving or something. Don’t worry about being creepy or anything, just start a casual conversation, doesn’t have to be super intense and just work your way up from there. We’re all just human!

tstudent
    Participant
    November 1, 2015 at 9:43 am #87739

Yes, I think before the class would be best. I haven’t seen her for a while though, the class is only once per week, and participants change a little. I’ve been thinking about an excuse to go to talk to her when I see her again, clearly a direct approach would’n be good in this case. If I somehow mention that I like her, she will assume that it’s only because of her looks, because I don’t really know her. However, she seems like a sweet person too. Maybe I could ask her recommendations for other group classes… For me it’s quite difficult to make the conversation casual with a girl I’m interested in. It would be more natural just to say how I feel. It also doesn’t help, that usually she’s there with her friend. Damn, I’m overcomplicating this…

0range
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 4:58 am #87747

Before the class, ask her if she’s going to the same class and mentioned how you’ve seen her around.

crow7
    Participant
    November 9, 2015 at 7:02 pm #88176

Any update?

tstudent
    Participant
    November 16, 2015 at 8:40 am #88445

Unfortunately no. On this week, I didn’t have time to participate in that class. I haven’t seen her after starting this thread, so maybe she was only participating a few times. However, it’s common to see pretty girls on those classes, but starting a casual conversation in that environment seems like an impossible task. It’s so easy to come off as a creep (or maybe that’s all in my head).