How to ask out an older woman?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

parchiz
    Participant
    March 29, 2013 at 1:11 pm #27318

First of all, I am 19, and I find one of the managers of my university’s dining halls very attractive. Based on looks alone, she is probably 25-30. I want to ask her out, or at least talk to her and make her laugh. However, I’m not entirely sure how to go about this. I know that there’s not much help that can be given here, but I’m looking for anything. As far as cheesy pick-up lines go, although I’m not sure if this counts as “cheesy” because i’t’s actually sincere, I was thinking about saying:

“I’ve been trying to think of the right words to use to approach you, but I often became stumped. However, I figured something is better than nothing, so… Hey, I’m Dan.”

Again, I’m not sure how much help you can give, but I’ll take any advice. One thing that’s troubling is how exactly to talk to her. As one of the managers, she’s sometimes out on the floor, but she’s recording data on the food such as the temperature, or she’s talking to one of the servers; in other words, she’s hardly alone and not busy. Should I just ask her as she’s alone and recording data? Or, should I wait until she goes and gets a drink from a specific dispenser, and I could talk about how that drink is also my favorite (vanilla soy milk).
    One thing that I’m worried about is that she’ll just shrug me off as a student; at least, I feel like that’s the case if I approach the situation too bluntly. I feel like I have to say something to make her laugh, but I know absolutely nothing about her. A part of me was considering getting a job in that particular dining hall. That way, due to the environment, we’ll be placed in the same location, and she would end up talking to me a few times at the very least, and I’ll be able to try and say something then. However, I’m not sure if that is the best for a few reasons, one of which is that the semester ends in six weeks.

I don’t necessarily expect this to be successful (although I want it to, of course), but a part of me is willing to give it a shot anyway. I’ve talked to an older woman in a similar manner before, but I never technically asked anyone out, and don’t really know how, hahaha.

Again, any help or advice available will be greatly appreciated. Merci.

parchiz
    Participant
    March 30, 2013 at 1:01 pm #27351

Hello? Can someone please help me?