How to bring up meeting in person

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

KittyCat
    Participant
    October 30, 2015 at 4:18 pm #87713

So I’m 20 and have never really dated before. I’ve been asked out, but not by anyone that truly interested me and if I can’t see it going anywhere, I don’t see the point. I decided to try Tinder as a way of meeting more guys (I interact with the same people through work and school and haven’t found anyone that way). I finally met a guy that I would like to meet in person. We have been talking for about a week through text and SnapChat, he friended me on Facebook and even deleted his profile on Tinder. From my end, it seems like we are both mutually interested and I would like to meet in person to see if that interest carries beyond phone screens but I’m apprehensive as to how, or if, to try to initiate a meeting.

Whitney
    Participant
    October 31, 2015 at 2:26 pm #87734

You should definitely try and bring it up. Ask him if he’s ever been to a certain place and if not hopefully he’ll say that you can show him. But if you want to hang out then just ask him to go for coffee to see how you guys would interact when you’re together. Just say hey are you busy on this day and ask if he’d like to hang out.

eagle-eyes99
    eagle-eyes99
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 12:38 am #87802

yea! ask to go for coffee (or whatever). daytime coffee dates are great. they can very innocent if need be, or the start of something big. friendships and relationships both grow from basic interactions. these dates are very flexible, you can take it further, or, just have coffee and a chat — either way it opens up new ideas and closes the digital gap. give it a shot. if he says no, could be a weirdo

lipstick
    lipstick
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 9:48 am #87821

Always meet somewhere busy, safety first…ok so just ask if they’d like to meet in own for coffee

JD123
    Participant
    November 16, 2015 at 8:41 am #88457

definitely suggest meeting up. don’t build a false sense of relationship or expected personality based on texts. just say something like ‘i really like talking to you, how about we get a coffee at this great place in town next week; what’s your schedule like?’

Anonymous
    November 25, 2015 at 9:06 pm #89003

Go for it. Or make a comment that you really want to try something but you have none to go with you.