How to contact a girl I saw at a sports event?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:31 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tstudent
    Participant
    June 19, 2016 at 6:59 am #103620

Hello!

I was competing at one sports event, where I watched one girl playing. She seemed like a girl I’d like to know better, but my own game started, and I didn’t get a chance to go and talk to her after the game. I also saw one of my friend talking to her (or some of her friends). I’d really like to contact her, but I don’t know what would be the best way to proceed. I could try to send her a message and friend request on facebook (her relation status is single, btw), but most likely she won’t see the message as we aren’t friends on facebook. Another option would be to ask my friend, if he knows her, and maybe could help to set up a meeting or something. We play the same sport, so it should not be difficult to arrange a game. However, whatever I do, I should act quickly, because the tournament was on this weekend and therefore I have a valid reason to talk to her. Any tips?

Anonymous
    June 19, 2016 at 4:34 pm #103622

Hi! Is soccer the sport? I played and met a lot of guys at tourneys. So much fun! First off…it doesn’t matter how you go about it, just do it! There is no right or wrong here. Your friend might be the easiest option, since he might already know her. I”m not a fan of messaging someone. It’s impersonal. It leaves a lot to chance because you never know how she would interpret your message, how she feels about being contacted that way etc. Go old school and find out how to contact her through your friend or next time you see her, walk right up to her and just tell her you noticed her and wanted to say hi. Plain and simple!!! Good luck!

tstudent
    Participant
    June 22, 2016 at 2:47 pm #103853

Thanks for the encouragement! I play badminton. I actually already messaged her on fb, telling that I liked the way she played and suggested that we could play together sometime. It’s quite rare to see girls with whom I could have even matches. Now I hope that she notices the message, as it went to the contact request folder. I don’t usually talk about girls with friends. There is just something so special about her that I was about to make an exception.