DATING ADVICE FORUM

How to deal with a cheap boyfriend ?!

Author
    Comments

• NicoletteM
    Participant
    November 2, 2016 at 9:27 pm #116204
    How to deal with a cheap boyfriend ?!

MY bf genuinely cares about me but only problem is his cheap comments he makes.I am not all about money in a relationship as I work 2 jobs and pay all my bills @23.I push past his comments bc I really do care about him.He ALWAY brings up money. We will go out to eat and he’ll make sure he tells me how much the bill is and complain about it and make me feel bad. So I repay him by buying him little gifts (with the little money I do have) or I’ll buy him breakfast. If I say I want to go on a Date night he’ll reply with “oh your paying?”.He has a good job makes 3X more money than I do.he tells me that he believes in 50/50.when he’s sick I take care of him with a little cold, I actually have a more serious health issue and I’ll tell him if he could pick me up something for it and he’ll say”that’s expensive you use your card”.We live across a bridge from eachother and says I should be paying the toll as much as him to visit.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  NicoletteM.

NicoletteM
    Participant
    November 2, 2016 at 9:28 pm #116205

Is there a way to go about talking to him about all of this in a nice way without hurting his feelings ? I do love him and I know he loves me I would hope this could work out !

anthonycake
    Participant
    November 3, 2016 at 2:01 am #116209

He kind of seems like a butt and not worth it in my opinion. Of course… he could’ve gotten advice from a website to let girls pay, because women want to feel equal in, especially in modern times, but I think this is over the top. Tell him how you feel, and if he insists on making you pay the majority of the time (when he makes more than you), dump his cheap A-S-S.

109ball02
    Participant
    November 4, 2016 at 11:06 am #116351

Its harder to answer these days with the women’s equality fad going around. Do you want 50/50, 60/40, 80/20…. etc… or, is it less about money spent and more about finding out if he’s a guy who wants to take care of you in the future and look out for your finances ‘together.’ See what Im saying? Maybe he was raised to be aware of his cultural and political surroundings, he knows saving and frugal spending will be more necessary in the coming years, and he is protecting your future with him by instilling a money managing mentality in you. So is it about a number, 50/50, or something like that, or do you just want to know if there is an agenda to be cheap on his part. I doubt he’s being cheap on purpose, not for the kinda stuff you are talking about. Hes being careful.

My recommendation: think about all this before talking to him. Then, when you do, start by congratulating him as a man for being careful with $ and protecting your future. Cause there is no question that’s important.