how to deal with lost youth and being unequal to others?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

benjamiin
    Participant
    April 11, 2015 at 7:33 am #77082

Hi. I’m 28 years old and i never had sex (only 2 times at prostitutes). Its not because of my bad look, but because of my low selfconfidence since high school. Years were flying by and here we are – 28. You will probably say go out and find somebody, but the problem are my thoughts that are taking all my will to live away. I cant deal with the facts that i lost 12 years of my live and havent experienced nothing. Not going out into the club with friends in young years and party, no real kissing with normal girl, no real sex, no one night stands, relationship, travelling. All things that for most people are normal. Because of that i dont feel competitive to girls that i like and i feel they all are much better then me, on higher level and i’m not good enough for them and all of the people, because i havent alived so much then others, was almost all the time at home and work. How can be such person equal to others? It can’t!

WestX64
    Participant
    April 12, 2015 at 3:46 pm #77099

You are only as equal to others as you allow yourself to be – nobody can keep you down but yourself. Also, with all that clubbing and one night stand stuff, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be and will leave you feeling just as lonely as you feel now. Have you ever tried dating?

benjamiin
    Participant
    April 13, 2015 at 4:09 pm #77137

Problem is, the future and present doesnt matter, because past defines you. People will always remember how strange you were in past. How much they did accomplish compare to you. Those facts don’t go away. Therefor i dont see a way out 🙁

How can i date, when other men all are better then me. Have accomplish more, can offer more to women. I dont have much money, even not regular job.
    Even if i get better eduction now, get job or whatever, i will be then 31-32…all others live normal lives since 19. More then 10 years then me, they have lived, alived all those things. How can i be equal to those? I simply can’t. They sadly won…

pacosbill00
    Participant
    April 13, 2015 at 10:34 pm #77167

I read and understand how you are feeling. You feel hopeless, one of the cardinal signs of depression

Google search symptoms of depression- don’t make excuses if you happened to have many of the symptoms. Go see you doctor. Sorry to bring this up but I had to.

You need to realize that you cannot change the past. Only way is to move on. We have all made big and little mistakes or decisions and we have to live with it.
    Best advice- MOVE ON!! THINK POSITIVE!! Get treated for depression if you have it.

There is TONS of very useful info online about getting to be successful. You can make it happen. You have to believe. Read about success stories.

Regardless, you definitely don’t have to be successful if you want women–I have seen it plenty of times..

Hopefully this helps!