How to Gain my Ex boyfriend's trust back?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 4:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ECat
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 12:35 pm #140034

Ex of 2 yrs broke up with me 2 months ago. Deep true love, on the same page with evrythng. Met when I was in a bad place, gettin over my FIRST ex. He helped me through it, but it hurt him and I was so overwhelmed. After 1 year I broke up with him (stupidly) because I felt obligated to do it.We still hungout cuz he wanted me back, and it clicked in that I clearly love him and don’t want to be apart. So we got back together, He admitted he lost trust and love but believed in us and committed to work through things. After a death in his fam, he became closed off and seemed depressed so on top of our issues he broke up with me and said he needs to do this to gain his ability to trust again/doesn’t want any romance. I was shocked. we loved eachother SO much. After 33 days of silence, I finally contacted him to see how he was doing and he just said hes doing well doing work/school and hopes I’m doing good too. Not sure where to take it from here.. Want to slowly gain his trust back.

SouperNova
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 5:27 pm #145237

I think you should just let him know that you care about him and that you’re there for him when he needs you or anyone to talk to. It sounds like his distrust is more of something he has to work out with himself and not anything you did. Maybe assure him that you’re not going to leave him again and try to convince him that the first time you broke up was a mistake to be rectified the second/third time around.