DATING ADVICE FORUM

How to gently fade away??

Author
    Comments

• Frus500
    Participant
    September 20, 2016 at 1:43 pm #111993
    How to gently fade away??

I recently started dating a woman I met online. After 2 dates I do not feel the chemistry. We do not talk as much as we did when we first started interacting, but sometimes she will text me. It’s been almost a week since we had any interaction. We have never kissed or really shared anything personal. The dates have been very friendly. I kinda don’t want to call her again. My friend told me I don’t need to send her a rejection letter, just don’t call.

I am no rookie. I’ve been out on dates with women, called them, and never got a call back. I know how it works. You read between the lines.

But I sorta made semi plans with her in our last interaction, which was a week ago. We never set a time, it was just a thought. Nothing is confirmed. I can easily just not call and just let it fade.

I’ve been feeling depressed lately, and I don’t know how much I am up for it. Especially with a woman who is very nice, but I don’t think the chemistry is there. What do you all think?

Frus500
    Participant
    September 20, 2016 at 1:53 pm #111995

I just want to add that I don’t want er to get in too deep with m. I just know myself, and my gut is telling me that this she may not be for me, but I must admit I have a little self doubt.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Frus500.
    stevedream
    stevedream
    Participant
    September 24, 2016 at 1:02 pm #112410

Yes in this instance tell her the truth and if you still want to be friends if possible ,be a friend.

cjjr82
    Participant
    September 25, 2016 at 5:28 pm #112432

Agreed, was recently in a similar situation. Just sent her a text telling her I had fun but didn’t feel a connection. She texted back saying she respected that and appreciated me being up front and honest.
    If more people were more upfront and honest like that dating would be a lot easier and less stressful for all.