How to get a guy to stop texting?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

whoknows12
    Participant
    December 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm #158374

My cousin made a dating profile for me on cultural dating site during thanksgiving and found me a bunch of guys to “wink” at. One of them started messaging me and asked for my phone number. I didn’t really ever get a good luck at this guy’s profile as my cousin did it all. I found he only had 1 pic (which is a red flag in my experience). So I searched for him and found his FB, he is physically someone I would NEVER be interested in. He also acts very thirsty over texts. Things like double texting, him asking me permission so he may ask me a question (weird), and saying things like “text me back later!”” when I don’t answer. I have a lot going on in my life ( in terms of commitments to different groups/places/events I have to be at) and he from what I gather “relaxes” a lot. He doesn’t seem to have the activity level or drive that I’m looking for.

After a whole week, he texts me again asking how my week was. I’m NOT interested. How do I let him down fairly easy?

imboostin
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 12:13 am #158386

Sounds like you have no interest in him, at all….just stop texting him he will eventually get the message and stop texting you.

BrettSMITH
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 1:06 am #158389

Great Information!

trinketz
    trinketz
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 2:37 am #158392

I see you have a few options here: 1. Be up front with him and tell him you’re not interested in dating. You could also say something like ‘I wish you all the best in finding someone special. You seem like a thoughtful person, so you deserve to find someone that is into you, and is ready to date right now’ – or something to that effect.
    2. So what imboostin says and ignore him.
    3. failing all the above – most smart phones have a feature that allows you to block phone numbers so that they can’t call or text you.

Good luck!

micaoj
    micaoj
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 1:08 pm #158467

ask him to please stop, and if dosnt just block him

datingboy
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 1:26 pm #158469

there might be option to block or ignore replies from that guy.

billyfordson
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 3:21 pm #158487

I would be honest with him and if he doesn’t get the message, just block him.

Arcticfx11
    Arcticfx11
    Participant
    December 6, 2017 at 5:40 pm #159297

I would just ask him to stop texting and that you’re not interested. If he doesn’t stop, block him.

Dx1991
    Participant
    December 6, 2017 at 10:25 pm #159314

Tell him straight up to stop texting you and then ignore him and never reply. He will get the picture fast.

lilacwine92
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 2:53 am #159626
    Reply To: How to get a guy to stop texting?

I would just stop responding and he will eventually get the point

ganthari12
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 4:40 am #159636

For me personally, I would rather you let him down easy and tell him the truth instead of “ghosting” him like many girls does. It might be more uncomfortable but it would enable him to learn for the future.

jake.gardener
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 8:27 am #159643

Just tell him that it’s not the right time for you at the moment or that you are going travelling and it just won’t be feasible?

booboo31
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 7:12 pm #159763

Tell him hey I do a lot during the day and your texts are distracting me I will text you when I’m free