How to get over someone who made me love him then broke it off

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kava
    Kava
    Participant
    November 20, 2014 at 3:32 pm #67837

This summer a guy from work was flirting with me a lot, and tried to convince me to date him. As per my no dating at work rule, I said he’d need to prove himself in order for me to break my rule. We became friends, all the while he promised he’d wait for me and convince me in the end to date him. We had great times as friends, and finally we started sleeping together as well after a month of “dating”. After a small vacation in September, I asked him if he still wanted to date me, and he broke my heart by saying no, that his feelings were over, and that we shouldn’t be together. For a month we didn’t talk, and I had to see him at the office every few days, which killed me. After a month we started to talk again, said we’d be good friends again, and started hanging out. But now I see he started a flirtation with another girl at work, who I think is sleeping with him. He ignores my texts, and I can’t stop crying now, thinking it’s really over, even as friends. How can I get over it?!

ckmmepd
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 7:20 pm #67950

Try to identify and give a name to what you are feeling, it can help you feel more in control of what is happening. It might sound silly, but time also helps.

JChristie
    JChristie
    Participant
    December 2, 2014 at 9:14 am #68469

the best way to move on is to recognize the valuable lesson to be learned from that experience.
    1. you’re no dating work guys is a good rule
    2. a lot of guys enjoy the chase. they can come on strong like they want sex, but it is just a form of flirtation. don’t be fooled by his attempts to get
    you in the sack. keep the next guy chasing after the “goodies”. they will think you are ‘cheap’ if you sleep with them too fast.
    3. having fun and being compatible with someone is not always the same. get clear on what you like to do and do it. you will likely meet guys who are doing it too. at least then, you will have some form of common ground, other than just having fun. to spend our life with someone, we want someone who makes us feel good about ourselves, but more important, we want someone who shares our values, our interests and our way of life.

cody1983
    Participant
    December 2, 2014 at 2:35 pm #68530

Sounds like he took the easy lay, and didn’t want to fight for you. I’d move on.