How to get rid of ex-girlfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

thatguy28
    Participant
    December 3, 2013 at 1:28 am #43755

I met a girl in a different state a while back while visiting. We had a relationship for about 5 days(1 their and 4 at home). After a while I felt like I made a mistake and that having a long distance relationship was a bad thing. Also, she wasn’t allowed to date and if her parents found out they would kill her! She took it really badly so I decided to be friends. But then she told me that I wasn’t being a good friend and would argue with me. She would try to talk to me sometimes and have some reason why I should be friends with her. Now she claims that she can’t stop thinking about me and can’t move on after 3 months! Like come on it was 5 days and I knew her for only 7. I don’t want to hurt her feelings and I don’t want her to get depressed and not find another man. Any suggestions would be helpful.

P.S I have tried blocking her but she finds a way to contact me

jms31
    Participant
    December 22, 2013 at 1:10 pm #45138

i always think honesty is the best policy in the long run. be tactful and not mean, but just be up front about it. She will understand.

George Reagan
    George Reagan
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:24 pm #44324

Whether she moves on or not is her responsibility, not yours. The best way you can help her is to remain crystal clear in your responses so she doesn’t conjure up false hopes for herself.