How to let go of someone you love?

Author
    Comments
  • louis123
    louis123
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 7:50 pm #117972
    How to let go of someone you love?

I met a guy this summer and we instantly clicked. Insane. He is from my hometown and I live since a couple of years far away, in a different country. But I’m moving back next year I think. He texts me daily ( hours!) calls me sometimes, listens to my feelings, asks questions about me and practically knows everything about me after all those months of talking. He is very caring and calls me petnames, he doesn’t start sexual conversations. They are very genuine. after a few dates I noticed that he was crazy about me, but all of a sudden he started panicking and told me that at this point in life e can’t have a relationship. He refused to kiss me or sleep with me because he respected me to much. as we are so attracted to each other, it happend and we had sex eventually ( 3 months later) I slept over and he always kept on texting me. he acts like a man in love ( no other women, met his friends ect..) but because of his past and work he can’t let me in. I have to let go of him. But how?

Louie97
    Participant
    November 22, 2016 at 7:52 am #118035

Oh wow sounds like something out a a romance novel and he from what you said he does seem like the perfect gentleman. Which is a plus. However, you mentioned that his past is preventing him from moving to the next level…which is a big problem. I know it isn’t going to be an easy process…moving from really caring for someone…then having to let them go. I wen through a similar experience this year and it was not easy. So…the answer to your question..you let go of someone you love with time. I know it might sound a little cliche but with time you will eventually develop the strength to let go of this man. However, the optimist in me hopes that in the future, he moves on from his past and the two of you end up in a committed relationship 😀 you deserve to be happy. Hope my answer helps.

Chlo
    Participant
    November 22, 2016 at 5:06 pm #118044

I think it was your mistake having sex with him when he says he doesn’t have time for a relationship. That’s just common sense sorry! I think it would be easy if he didn’t care about you and said he didn’t want a relationship.

AimlesslyAlone
    Participant
    November 22, 2016 at 5:28 pm #118059

I have a similar situation. ..met, STRONG attraction and Sexual Energy for us. I think Men get caught up in an idea, a fantasy. But reality doesn’t live up. Let it go before you get hurt more. I’m trying to let this go as we speak

kjones87654321
    Participant
    November 24, 2016 at 9:37 pm #118099

He sounds confused. Maybe you should take a break and see if absence makes him realize that he really does want to be with you.

Nikola_Abrakadabra
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 12:55 pm #118255

Just cut all ties with him.
    If you know there is no future don’t torture each other by continuing to text/call/see each other.

Lola2609
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 2:35 pm #118275

Try finding someone else. It will help

miss daisy duck
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 10:57 pm #118333

You can’t make someone love you, just be yourself

TSH1113
    TSH1113
    Participant
    November 29, 2016 at 8:16 pm #118502

I am a little confused what exactly happened after you two were intimate. You say he texts and calls you (or was that prior to)? What exactly are his actions after you two slept together? How does he treat you now and how do YOU treat him?

Sadface54
    Participant
    November 29, 2016 at 10:19 pm #118511
    Reply To: How to let go of someone you love?

Tr1608
    Participant
    November 30, 2016 at 6:52 am #118525
    Reply To: How to let go of someone you love?

Try to move on