How to make him want me back? Please help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

girlonfire
    Participant
    July 18, 2015 at 11:39 am #83001

So I started talking to this guy in Tinder. Initially, I was just on Tinder bc I was bored and needed someone to talk to. We started talking, then we met up and he really really liked me and I really really liked him. I told him from the beginning that I am leaving for grad school out of state in about 1 month, but he said that distance is not a prob. After the first date, he wanted to be in a relationship with me. He introduced me to family. He ended up breaking things off with me after 1 month of dating. I know its because I asked for a lot of reassurance, was insecure and somewhat possessive about his time he was spending without me. I asked him the day he broke things off with me if he would consider dating me again in the future and he said “I don’t like talking about the future because there are so many variables. For now, think of me as not an option. I don’t want to give you any hope. I will still be there for you and can be your friend.”

girlonfire
    Participant
    July 18, 2015 at 11:40 am #83002

Our breakup conversation made me really sad because he come across as if he would never consider dating me again. Is there any chance for rekindling this in the future even if him and I only dated briefly? Since, you are a guy, if you were in his situation, would you consider dating me again? Please help, Thank you in advance 🙂

Queryfox
    Participant
    July 18, 2015 at 12:46 pm #83004

Yeah just relax and give him time. The more you try to do, the more you’ll push him away because it sounds like its the possessiveness that started this in the first place. You need to remember that relationship is a 2-way street. He has to want it too for it to have a chance. Maybe he’s overwhelmed at this point, but just go and focus on you…he’ll come around in the future if he later realizes that you were harmless…just liked him a lot. But you need to leave him alone for now.