How to Move forward

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How to Move forward

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:26 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cristianmg13
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 5:06 pm #86088
    How to Move forward

To set up the situation: I was at a party this past Sat. and was standing alone when a girl came up to me and introduced herself. From then, we talked for quite a while and both her and I seemed to have a good time, I even got her to play beer pong doubles with me. I would like to note that sometime in our conversation she roughly and somewhat indirectly said that she’d like to leave the party (which I have come to the conclusion that she’d like for me to take her home with me). However at the time I was somewhat drunken and didn’t pick up or enact on the hint. As the night went on, it was time for me to leave but I could not find her (I’m assuming she had left a bit earlier when I left to use the restroom with her friends). When I got home, still a little buzzed, I added her on facebook, it wasnt hard to find her, we talked long enough to for her to feel comfortable telling me her last name about her life. She did accept my friend request quite early the following day…(continued)

cristianmg13
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 5:10 pm #86090

Now I am in a position where I am not sure how or what to message her on FB, obviously I’d like to work my way up to getting her number and then from there being able to set something up to meet in person. (Not sure if this changes anything, but we are both sophomores in a small college town where everyone lives within close proximity of each other). Any advice on what would be a good way to open up a dialogue with her on FaceBook? And once I get the dialogue on how/ when would be a good time to ask for her number? If I could get to this step, I feel much more comfortable talking to girls in person. Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advice is welcome!

Anonymous
    September 28, 2015 at 10:08 pm #86105

Ask her out for coffee….
    Good luck

xspinbadx
    xspinbadx
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 6:42 pm #86204

text game is difficult for me as well. Probably the best thing to do is open up with some kind of a teasing joke. look through her photos and interests. If you have established good rapport with her already, you can probably just go for asking her out right away.

JokesOnMe
    JokesOnMe
    Participant
    October 2, 2015 at 1:57 am #86359

Re-introduce yourself through the message and say how you liked talking to them. Follow up their response with asking them out on a casual date. It’s not too hard, and since you guys have to live close to each other I would avoid using text as a primary communication channel.