How to pursue a guy via e-mail in a non-creepy/pushy way?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lena
    Participant
    May 23, 2013 at 3:48 pm #31966

I met this guy at a work seminar and we really hit it off. We are originally from the same area, have a lot of common interests, laughed with each other, etc. We exchanged information and I shot him an e-mail saying it was nice to meet him, shared some links relevant to topics we had discussed, and told him to give me a call if he was ever in the area again (he lives a quite a distance from me). I sent the e-mail a week ago and have not heard back from him yet. I also added him on LinkedIn to which he has also not responded.

How long should I wait before I send another e-mail? Should I send another e-mail at all?

In addition, I will be in the town he lives in this coming weekend visiting friends, who it turns out are also friends/acquaintances of his. Should I try to make some sort of connection while I’m there?

I am very interested in this guy and I definitely do not want to creep him out or be too pushy. My girlfriends all over analyze things way too much so I thought I’d ask the wide world its opinion. Thanks for any input! I truly appreciate it