How to reach out to a girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anon510
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 11:09 pm #151681

Hello, I’ll start out by saying I’m a high school senior (17m) and that I’m a bit out of the social loop (have a decent number of friends but am not involved in any social media). However I do think that I am pretty charming/confident when I talk in person although I can be socially anxious at large gatherings . I’m not involved in any sports but I do a bunch of extra curriculars etc. Anyway, I have been interested in a girl at my school for a couple years (she’s smart, funny, attractive, etc.) and I’ve had some casual conversations (mostly about schoolwork etc.), nothing really beyond that however. Towards the end of last year she started dating one of my friends (a senior at the time, now in college), I was slightly jealous but tried to be friendly. Recently I have been talking a lot more with her, as we share a lot of classes and extra curricular stuff, we make jokes with each other and laugh a lot. I feel like we have a good time, but am not sure how to reach out. Advice?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  anon510.

anon510
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 11:16 pm #151683

A few extra things: she is pretty involved in social media (I am not) and I’m pretty unattractive (overweight but trying to lose).

Chosen25
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 12:29 am #151684

I’ve been in your shoes before, and right now I’m dating that girl. Let me start off by saying that everyone is different. Thus, everyone has a different style/approach to these scenarios. I recommend that you compliment her on how she looks. No matter if she’s dressed casual or fancy. It will show that you like her style and that you pay attention to what she wears, but be sure to say something specific about her outfit every once and awhile. Body language is a very useful way of communicating feelings toward another. Face her when you talk, roll back your shoulders so that you can have good posture. When she laughs compliment her on her smile, she may say something like she doesn’t like her smile or what’s so special about it. Then you say that you like it because you look very happy and you look cute when your happy. Everything you say has to be natural and true. I have a feeling that you believe all of these things but you just need the confidence to do them. Good luck.

wildkatky
    wildkatky
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 3:05 am #151690

Maybe try doing something fun together outside of school – something that you’d usually do anyway. If it’s a movie, just maybe talk about how excited that you are that it’s coming out and when you guys start talking about it, if you’re genuinely excited about it she’ll probably start digging the conversation as well. Then maybe say that she should come too, that it’d be fun. Just don’t be tr!ying to schmooze on her, but something that you both would enjoy. The same type of advice would apply to practically anything, I suppose – fishing, shopping, bowling, even just a hobby even if it’s at home. Just try to keep it clean though, that way it can be about having fun rather than some sort of proposition that could become awkward. You’d rather enjoy her company, she’d like the same, you guys both would like something fun or enjoyable, and start from there. But hey, what do I know? I’m older and single – so maybe it’s just a thought. GL!

jojo0
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 6:17 pm #151872

hey bro, if you are interested in her, just ask her out on a date such as a bite to eat, coffee, and a movie and tell her that you are interested in getting to know her and see whatever happens from there. If i was in your shoes, i would say that i like what i see and would like to get to know you more as a person and take you out sometime, I would ask her if she is interested, If so, here is my number to call/text me anytime…..that way if she contacts you within a week, that means that she is interested, if she hasn’t contact you within a week, she is not interested. break a leg and good luck!

oxygen34
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 8:25 am #152059

tell him that u are in love

thebigmeat
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 10:00 am #152112

Ask her for her number.