Author
    Comments
  • Zate
    Zate
    Participant
    October 29, 2016 at 1:14 pm #115757
    How to resolve this?

Hey

Nearly 4 years ago I had some short fling with one of my best friends (at the time). I consider it one of the most stupid decisions I’ve ever been part of haha! Things were ok at first but it was too difficult to go from being close friends to something more, and we ended up falling out and stopped talking to each other very abruptly.

The problem starts here: My goal in life is to become a songwriter and she had a HUGE impact on me while I was starting out. We met because we were trying to set up a band and the first songs I ever wrote were with her.

Nearly 4 years later, I’ve made a lot of progress on my own and I’m recording in studios with some great musicians but a few months ago I signed my first publishing deal.

Everything I do with songwriting there is always a part of me wondering what she’s up to. But after the deal, I started thinking about her much more and the way things ended makes me sad.

Advice?

I don’t really want to just talk now to her as it’s been so long.

tommybev
    Participant
    October 30, 2016 at 9:31 am #115770

Look, i’ve been in similar situations myself. My advice would be to bite the bullet and get back in touch with her with a simple “hey, haven’t seen you in ages fancy lunch”. Not much to lose if you don’t and there is the ability for you to say its purely plutonic with no romantic overtones if she is completely disinterested.