How to show a man interest on FB messenger? What do I say??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CuriousGirl
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 2:52 pm #85622

Hi. So I recently bumped into a guy I casually know. Years ago we worked for the same company, but don’t know each other well and rarely saw each other. Anyhow, when I bumped into him I was with my boyfriend (now ex-boyfriend). The guy stared at me like he REALLY wanted to speak (like stared hard enough to make me look back). Anyhow, I’m single now and would love to go out with him. The only way I knew to find him was via FB. He accepted my invite, but hasn’t said anything directly. He’s a VERY respectable guy and wouldn’t approach me if he felt I was dating someone. Also, I “think” he might be a bit shy. I’m a decent catch and guys usually just assume I’m taken. I don’t know if he’s single and don’t want to appear aggressive or desperate?? What can I say??

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  CuriousGirl.

jackson621
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 4:23 pm #85626

I had someone message me on Facebook recently who wanted to go out on a date but didn’t know if I was single. He sent a simple message asking how I was doing and it eventually turned into do you still have that guy you had. After finding out he’s divorced now and I called off my wedding. He asked if I was ready to date because he’d like to take me out. Just start with a nonthreatening question and go from there.

Manlymanlover285
    Manlymanlover285
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 8:02 pm #85631

I would send him a FB message just saying hi and having casual conversation. You can also possibly slip in there that you are recently single and looking to get out on the town a bit and have a good time. Hopefully, that can lead to you two meeting up, and just catching up and seeing where it goes.

Conflicetedwhattodo
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 10:09 pm #85635

well have a causal conversation, joke around add some winky/smiley faces