How to tell if your GF is checked out or loosing interest

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

109ball02
    Participant
    July 21, 2016 at 2:54 pm #106072

Cant tell if she is loosing interest, or if she is relaxing in the relationship (6 months). By relaxing, I mean she doesn’t need the constant 24/7 contact. I get that, normal. But I mean we used to hang out like every day or every other day. Cuddle on the couch, we both love. I’ll explain below..

Ok, so here is what I have noticed. Might be nothing, but she texts less. I say goodnight and goodmorning, sometimes she does not… or I know she has been up for a while and she does not. But like 2 weeks ago were hugging and she’s telling me things she likes about me, one being “I love that there is always a text when I go to bed and wake up” so I guess she likes it. Should I stop texting good night good morning? That might send the wrong impression. Also, we have chances for her to meet up and cuddle on the couch with a movie, I know she loves, or go out hiking, or anything involving meeting up. She used to jump at every chance. But lately, seems like she hasn’t. Maybe she thinks she is boring me you think? Maybe I need to try harder at something I am not doing. I dunno.. What do you all think?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  109ball02.

Anonymous
    July 24, 2016 at 3:41 pm #106353

If you are going to plan on being with this person more long term, you have to ask her these things. Are you not comfortable with just asking her what is going on? It’s simple really….”Hey….I’ve noticed our pattern is changing, so I just want to check in…You seem less responsive and it seems we are not hanging out as much. Not that any of it is bad…I would just like to know what your experiencing. Are you getting bored, more busy, less interested….I just want to make sure you and I are on the same page because it feels like we are a bit “off” recently.” ANYTIME you notice a pattern change, always ask!!!! SOMETHING is happening and going on….always! So it’s important to show that you notice, it’s important for you to understand what your partner is going through and it’s important to let her know that she is safe to be honest with you and you are not going to freak out! So make sure you have the conversation with the intent of being “curious” and not accusitory.

CoconutRum43
    Participant
    July 25, 2016 at 6:59 pm #106476

I agree^

Just call her out, and I mean that in the most non-confrontational way. Just tell her how you feel and ask her maybe why she doesnt respond to your good morning/night texts. I do want to say 6months is entirely too early to lose interest if it is true love for both of you, and this worries me.

Chlo
    Participant
    November 10, 2016 at 6:06 pm #117062

Why don’t you try and tell her how you really feel. She may just need encouragement she could be insecure.

duatoget
    Participant
    November 11, 2016 at 2:04 am #117112

Observe her body position when she is with you. A closed body position is one where her body is pointing away from you, her arms are crossed, or she is hunched over to take up less space.[1]
    Closing her body position sends signals that she is uncomfortable or nervous about something. If she is doing this consistently in a relationship, it may be a sign she’s not that into you.
    If your girlfriend used to stand close to you with her arms down or on her hips, but now she turns away and crosses her arms when you talk, she is telling you that she isn’t interested in talking anymore.
    If she conveys closed body language every time you are together, it is probably time to rethink your relationship because she might be wanting to end it.

Ginyuforcerules
    Participant
    November 11, 2016 at 6:25 pm #117123

The other answers have the right idea, listen to them as well.