How to tell potential dates you're going to be a father???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

steevo23
    steevo23
    Participant
    September 18, 2014 at 5:50 am #62096

So I have lived with my best friend for 3 years. My best friend is a she. In these 3 years we have always been single and not really had any luck with finding anyone. Anyway a few months ago we were having a few drinks making a joke of how we are still single and you can see where this is leading… But one thing led to another and of course the one time she gets pregnant.

She has decided to keep the baby and is 19w pregnant. We’ve talked and are quite content with the situation and will remain close friends and I will play a part in the babies future. However this leads to the title of this thread… How do I tell girls that I’m going to be a father.

I’ve actually met someone at work and we’ve been talking quite a bit via email since we met a few weeks ago. We’ve arranged to catch up in the next week… Now work relationships can already be awkward if they don’t work out… Let alone if they don’t even start because of a bombshell.

How should I bring this up with her?

steevo23
    steevo23
    Participant
    September 18, 2014 at 5:52 am #62097

Should I…

– not tell her for a while and see how things play out?

– tell her before we catch up?

– tell her at the start of the “date”

– tell her at the end of the “date”

– before we (if) kiss? After?

– pretend I only find out in 6 months time after the baby is born?

Any tips etc would be great.

Thanks 🙂