How to win back my ex boyfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lostlove24
    lostlove24
    Participant
    November 24, 2014 at 10:20 am #68026

I live with my ex boyfriend of 3.5 years. We moved in together 3 months ago, and he broke up with me two weeks after we moved in together. We moved to a city 2 hours from our hometown, and I didn’t adjust well at first. I know the reason he broke up with me, and it’s 99% my fault. The only reason he contributed to us breaking up was that he didn’t communicate well, and if he had prior to breaking up with me then we could’ve probably resolved our issues.
    He broke up with me because overall I was a mean girlfriend. I caused fights often over nothing. I put a lot of pressure on him to be the ‘perfect boyfriend’, when he was already a great one (minus the lack of communication). I took advantage of the fact that he wanted to spend his life with me, because I figured he was too good to be true, which ultimately led to me pushing him away. He is crazy for sticking around so long, I really appreciate that he believed I would change overnight.

lostlove24
    lostlove24
    Participant
    November 24, 2014 at 10:21 am #68027

Since the break up I’ve been changing so I can be nicer. I realize that I can’t expect people to want to spend their life with me if I’m manipulative and mean. I can honestly say this break up was a reality check for me, and that I’m grateful he did it so that I can see I need to change. I’m obviously upset he broke up with me, but he’s right for showing me he won’t put up with me causing fights all the time. I’ve been working on my own happiness, trying to get my life together, etc.
    Now, the confusing part is that he still acts as if were dating. For the last month or so he would sleep in my bed with me, but I decided to stop that this week. If we’re not dating we can’t act like it. He’s very flirty with me, he touches me (pats on the shoulder, rubbing my back, touching my leg, etc.), is even becoming better at communicating with me (if he says something mean that’s meant to be a joke he’ll apologize for it), and he’s just been changing a lot too. In a good way. What do I do?