How upfront should I be?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How upfront should I be?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hopeful234
    Participant
    October 27, 2017 at 8:49 am #154274
    How upfront should I be?

I met this guy at a bar and we’ve been texting for a couple weeks. I asked him two weeks ago if I would get to see him again and he said he would like to but that weekend he was busy with friends. Then he didn’t text me for four days, but sent me a snapchat and I responded to it and we started talking again. I would like to see him, but don’t know how to approach it. I was thinking of being up front and asking if he would like seeing each other again? I just don’t want to appear “desperate” or anything. I feel like I do most initiating, but he’s always pretty responsive and facilitates back and forth communication as opposed to just giving me one word responses. I’m kind of new at this dating thing as I recently got out of a relationship.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 27, 2017 at 4:16 pm #154329

somebody who never initiates isn’t into you. i’d move on.

Hoopit16
    Participant
    October 27, 2017 at 9:31 pm #154332

I agree…..

Addisme
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 8:54 pm #154402

I agree with the others, if you feel that you still want to try then I’d do this. Tell him you’re going out this weekend say to the bar where you met. Maybe go with a friend, tell him where you’ll be and ask him if he’ll be there. If he isn’t interested he’ll give you an excuse, or if he says he’ll be there and doesn’t show then forget him. But if you do go don’t spend your whole night looking for him. Have fun and don’t seem desperate.

bdr0705
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 12:35 pm #154453

Yeah, I would move on. That guy isn’t worth your time.

backupPv2
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 7:19 pm #154561

As a dude, We are told to hold off on the texts for a few days to give girls a break or something. If you’re within or above his league, he would definitely appreciate the forwardness because we never get that.

amber1980
    Participant
    November 3, 2017 at 9:50 am #154906

Just be upfront thats the only way to find out and no time is wasted

siriya555
    siriya555
    Participant
    November 4, 2017 at 4:41 am #155074

its the good way to use dating site

pv03
    Participant
    November 4, 2017 at 11:51 am #155081

I would be upfront and if he doesn’t show effort, move on.

sorafeya
    Participant
    November 4, 2017 at 12:38 pm #155082
    Reply To: How upfront should I be?

Don’t waste your time chasing someone who doesn’t give you the time of the day.

Akshadow
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 5:38 am #155102
    Reply To: How upfront should I be?

Is he a shy person? That sounds like the beginning of my relationship with my girlfriend. We’ve been together for three years. If he is still interacting with you i don’t think there is anything wrong with asking to see him again.