How would you want this situation to go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TxCincy
    Participant
    June 18, 2015 at 4:31 pm #81304

I recently met a girl in a doctor’s office (doctor’s assistant) that was stunningly beautiful and I can’t get her out of my mind. Her name is on my test results and I could reach out to her on social media, but that’s the only means I have to contact her. I have never pursued a stranger like this before, so how would you suggest I go about it without coming off super creepy/stalkerish?

Thanks ladies!

outofideas
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 3:03 pm #81898

This is a pretty bad situation to meet someone. Writing her on fb or whatever might creep her out a little, but the alternative would be to talk to her when you visit the doctor the next time – please, pkease don’t do that! As someone who had that happen: it could go perfectly fine but if she doesn’t want your attention it’s the one place where she can’t remove herself from the situation. It could make her feel cornered. Worst case you’d get into trouble with her employer – your doctor. If you’ve actually talked to her, properly, not ‘here’s your receipt, have a nice day sir’, your chances are better. I wouldn’t risk it though. Better to send her a message to feel her out.

peter.wolf
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 3:31 pm #81901

well, one friend of mine was in a similar situation and I told him not to contact the woman on fb, because that is pretty creepy!! However he did not listen to my advice and wrote her on fb. I was very surprised that she answered him within minutes. Yes, she too had found him on fb but was hestitant to contact him, but she was checking the “others” folder of fb messaging. 🙂 So you can risk it.
    If you decide to contact her when visiting your doc again, do it just before leaving – this way you prevent her from feeling cornered as “outofideas” stated.