Hows it best to use facebook  to contact this girl? Might it look wierd?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Hows it best to use facebook to contact this girl? Might it look wierd?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

HelloDinosaur
    Participant
    August 29, 2014 at 8:06 pm #60415
    Hows it best to use facebook to contact this girl? Might it look wierd?

I met this girl at a tennis club I started going to three weeks go, she’s a student doing a course very relevant to the area of work I’m in. She was keen to talk to me (more than anyone else there at least) and I liked her though it was hard to say if the feeling was mutual. I had hoped to talk to her a bit more and ask her out last week but she didn’t show up and the club isn’t running again till next summer.

The only thing I could do is friend her on facebook and try to talk to her but the only reason I know her surname is that she posted a comment a year ago on the clubs now unused facebook page about which I was looking at last week for some reason.

I am therefore curios if it would seem creepy that I was able to find her? I was thinking of sending a message with the invite (something like hi would be nice if we could stay in touch) so should I also should briefly mention where I saw her profile or would that only draw attention to it being odd that I found her profile?

HelloDinosaur
    Participant
    August 29, 2014 at 8:07 pm #60416

Also how’s it best to go about using facebook for this (assuming she’s single), should I try chatting for a while or just a little and ask her out after maybe one or two messages or even straight away?

Might sound a bit clueless but I’ve not used facebook in this way before and generally don’t use it alot.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  HelloDinosaur.
    drifterofwood
    drifterofwood
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 2:01 am #60421

From my personal experience this would definitely be a no-go. I had a friend that used to find girls on fb he met and found interesting and would message them. One of them was a girl I met through another friend and she told me about some creeper messaging her.

But then again, he might have approached it incorrectly. If you guys really hit it off then there wouldn’t be much harm, especially since there is a FB group page for your club (which would make it seem like you casually found her).

I will add that having a good conservation isn’t always a indication of interest. Like you mentioned, the feeling may have not been mutual.