Hurt and Confused

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Hurt and Confused

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MarieH
    Participant
    September 16, 2017 at 8:33 pm #149281
    Hurt and Confused

In July I met a guy. We chatted online for a few weeks and then I went to visit him as we don’t live in the same town. The visit went great. He told me that I was a good person and worth trying for, he knew about a prior bad relationship and told me he wouldn’t hurt me. He said he liked how affectionate I am, that I was refreshing etc. He ended a FWB thing he had going on at the time and told me that I was going to be his focus. All seemed great. Then last weekend he was supposed to come and visit me but didn’t claiming he was sick. I then offered to instead go and visit him. He said as long as he wasn’t throwing up every 5 mins he’d enjoy the company and that he’d let me know. Since then I’ve not heard from him and I am so baffled as all of our interactions have been so positive. His last texts said I was sweet, that I cheered him up and had things like <hugs> in it. Nothing to give a hint anything was wrong. He isn’t reading my FB msgs or answering his phone – WTF?

yoooo
    Participant
    September 17, 2017 at 5:53 pm #149294

How long has it been since he responded? Maybe he is just really sick. You do not want to come off clingy.

audreysykes
    Participant
    September 18, 2017 at 3:55 am #149317

I think you should wait.

MarieH
    Participant
    September 18, 2017 at 9:40 am #149282

I keep seeing that he is active online – he just is ignoring me for some reason. The last message I sent him was that I hope he’s ok and that we’re good. That he can talk to me about anything and be honest with me and I’d be ok with whatever is up. I then left it with that I hope to hear from him soon. It just seems so rude to ghost me like that and it’s baffling. Why would a guy be all hugs and “you’re sweet” then disappear? He’s not even reading my message. Kick in the chest.

Why the hell would a guy tell a girl that she’s worth trying for then within weeks start ignoring her when she was cool just to be friends instead of dating. He chose me supposedly and now does this. I don’t even know what to do right now. Do I give it another week or two then reach out again? It’s his birthday soon and I had already mailed him a small gift. Do I call from another number to see if he answers that ask what’s up?

LS14
    Participant
    September 18, 2017 at 9:42 am #149298

Hmm, I think he likes you for sure but maybe isn’t quite ready for a serious relationship and that’s where he thought it was heading? How old is he by the way?

Rnsc2
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 12:42 pm #149509

Sounds like he’s not ready for what you have to offer.