I [23F] asked him [28M] out. He didn't make a move on our date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anna92
    Participant
    June 3, 2015 at 12:02 pm #80072

Hey everyone,

I’d love to get some (male) perspectives on what happened here. I met this guy at a dinner who I felt extremely attracted to, and I felt we had quite a nice connection so a few days later I decided to send him a facebook message with my number saying I’d love to grab a drink with him sometime. My main motivation wasn’t really a relationship, since I haven’t been single for very long and am quite enjoying the freedom. To be honest I just really wanted to sleep with him and maybe more if it turned out there was potential (I should point out I live in Europe where dating rules are less strict than in the US).
    He replied the next day and the day after that we went out. We had a nice chat but I was getting increasingly frustrated because he wasn’t really responding to my signals (eye contact, leaning, laughingly touching him when he said something funny, you know the drill) and at the end of the night he said goodbye with a hug and a peck on the cheekwhich isn’t terrible but a far cry from the hot steamy sex I was hoping for, and I was left feeling quite disappointed. Now I realize that guys aren’t telepathic and he couldn’t really know if I’m the type of girl who likes to take it slow or dive right into things and maybe he was just being considerate. But wouldn’t he at least attempt some form of physical contact (during the date) if he was interested?

What do you think happened here? Should I have taken more initiative if I wanted something to happen, or was the fact that I asked him out indication enough of my interest? Should I just conclude that he’s not that into me?

In case it isn’t clear at this point, by now I’m actually interested in a bit more than sex. I think I really like him. Aarghh why does my brain work this way!
    Some background info that may be relevant:
    – He’s in a pretty complicated place right now (trouble with his ex whom he has a baby with and I think just generally a bit down) so I doubt he’s looking for a serious relationship, and may also be a bit rusty in his dating game.
    – He’s Greek, and I might be falling for stereotypes here but most of my experience with Mediterranean guys is that they don’t beat around the bush. Hence my confusion.
    – At the risk of sounding vain – I’m pretty hot by most standards. Not super model hot but I’m slender with a crazy low waist-to-hip ratio, huge blue eyes and a cute pixie cut. I usually don’t have a problem getting attention from men although I get a bit shy and awkward around guys I like. He is pretty gorgeous imo but not the type that flaunts it/gets all cocky about it.

I’m probably overthinking this waaaay too much but any input is appreciated anyway

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Anna92.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Anna92.

Anna92
    Participant
    June 4, 2015 at 8:24 am #80073

[part 2] which isn’t terrible but a far cry from the hot steamy sex I was hoping for, and I was left feeling quite disappointed. Now I realize that guys aren’t telepathic and he couldn’t really know if I’m the type of girl who likes to take it slow or dive right into things and maybe he was just being considerate. But wouldn’t he at least attempt some form of physical contact (during the date) if he was interested?

What do you think happened here? Should I have taken more initiative if I wanted something to happen, or was the fact that I asked him out indication enough of my interest? Should I just conclude that he’s not that into me?

In case it isn’t clear at this point, by now I’m actually interested in a bit more than sex. I think I really like him. Aarghh why does my brain work this way!

Anna92
    Participant
    June 4, 2015 at 8:24 am #80074

Some background info that may be relevant:
    – He’s in a pretty complicated place right now (trouble with his ex whom he has a baby with and I think just generally a bit down) so I doubt he’s looking for a serious relationship, and may also be a bit rusty in his dating game.
    – He’s Greek, and I might be falling for stereotypes here but most of my experience with Mediterranean guys is that they don’t beat around the bush. Hence my confusion.
    – At the risk of sounding vain – I’m pretty hot by most standards. I’m slender with a crazy low waist-to-hip ratio, huge blue eyes and a cute pixie cut. I usually don’t have a problem getting attention from men although I get a bit shy and awkward around guys I like. He is pretty gorgeous imo but not the type that flaunts it/gets all cocky about it.

I’m probably overthinking this waaaay too much but any input is appreciated anyway