I am a bit confused.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I am a bit confused.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sodapopdude
    Participant
    March 15, 2014 at 5:10 am #49315
    I am a bit confused.

I broke up with my ex girlfriend almost two years ago, and for awhile we didn’t talk. She kept calling me when I moved away but I wasn’t ready. It stopped when I told her I missed her and she told me she loved this guy(she began dating him 6 months after our break up). I respected her decision, and stopped talking all together because I knew she was still kind of mad at me.

I texted her in the morning a few days ago apologizing to her, and I told her how I felt. I was upfront and honest when I explained why we broke up, at the time I had a hard time opening up to people when we we’re dating, even my own family sometimes. I never cheated on her or anything bad, I wasn’t ready. When we we’re talking she told me she moved away and broke up with her boyfriend and she was single. She told me she was still mad at me about a situation but I told her I wanted to explain to her, communication was very hard mostly for me, she didn’t text me back that night.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

sodapopdude
    Participant
    March 15, 2014 at 5:16 am #49316

So today she texted me at 3 and said “maybe I can call you this weekend”. I told her when the best time was to contact me and she ended up calling me a few hours later. We talked, and I opened up to her. She sounded like she forgave me and understood. We talked a bit but I asked her this summer if she wanted to hang out and she said “I’m kind of seeing someone but I’m single, but I want to keep it on the table” on whether or not to hang out.

She told me she was off at 6 and is free on the weekends, so she practically told me when she was available, and it seems like shes open to talking. It felt normal for awhile, and I understood, I don’t want to be pushy. I know it sounds cliche but we really did love each other, and I am surprised she even talked to me. There was a lot of misunderstanding in our relationship and when I told her I regretted she even asked “What would be different”

(TO BE CONTINUED)

sodapopdude
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:13 pm #49317

And I told her, and was honest. It sounds like shes giving me a lot of mix signals, but also protecting herself, and I don’t blame her. The question is did we make peace and she has no other intentions but being friends? We do live far away, but I told her I regret letting her go. Looking back on it I didn’t feel like we we’re both mature enough for each other at the time, and we both are different now. She’s admitted what she did wrong, and it felt good to talk about it.

She tells me why she broke up with him, and was single but than tells me the next day shes seeing someone but kind of not, but to me I figure she’s seeing somebody. She called me and I was surprised, I left her alone after that text but she did end up calling me the next day, so I guess in my interpretation shes just being cautious, or doesn’t want to date no more and doesn’t want to be mean about it? She’s always been up front with me also.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

sodapopdude
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm #49318

Sorry I can’t fit all of this in for some reason. She’s just been giving me mixed signals, and I understand if she is being cautious. She was always up front with me, and hasn’t told me “No we’re not dating again”, I feel like she would have said it to me when we began talking?