I am a musician and I don't think my boyfriend likes or cares about music.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sadcat89
    Participant
    October 6, 2015 at 10:05 pm #86610

We have been dating for several months and things are great. He is the most loving, sincere and compassionate person I have ever met. The only problem is being totally unable to connect with him about the one thing I am most passionate about. I write and play music for a living, and I consider it to be somewhat of a transcendental experience to listen to certain pieces. So far, I have been unsuccessful at sharing this with my boyfriend. Every time I try to share a piece of music with him he either starts playing with his phone, or pretends to listen but then has nothing to say about it after. This might be irrelevant but it’s kind of the same with art and movies too. I’ve told him that this makes me feel like he doesn’t care about my interests, and I have tried showing him that I care about his. Usually he acts more interested for about a week and then goes back to seeming disinterested. It’s really important to me to be able to connect on this plane. Am I being unrealistic?

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 5:09 pm #86669

You sound like my kind of friend! Maybe the music you say is too advanced for his liking. Perhaps you are too intelligent for him…..