I am confused, need some advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BenCalintz
    Participant
    May 9, 2015 at 4:12 am #78669

There is this girl I got attracted to and we started texting for 1-2 months before I tried to ask her out and I told her that I am attracted to her but she replied that it is her exam period and is not the time. So I ask her does she has that spark for me inside of her and she says she don’t know and never give it a though yet. So I continue texting with her until now. most of the time I would send her flirty text like I miss her, hope that she was here with me, or there is a dream about her, etc and she will always reply back with positives respond. So a few days back I ask her since now she has ended her semester and is now the time we can be together and she reply that now is not the right time for her to be in a relationship because she is still studying and I am going to work soon and she feared that it will affect her results in college. So now I am quite confused with all this respond that she gives, so whether should I wait, or do I walk away?

Abbadon
    Abbadon
    Participant
    May 9, 2015 at 12:56 pm #78670

To me it looks like you are being too “needy” while it can work on some it can also be turn off. I think she is being honest here relationship always affects studying there is no doubt about that. I suggest you back off a little with texts give her room but still be there. It is also good idea to call
    her for drinks when she can so you get to know each other better who knows maybe you start a spark in her, but remember just drinks 🙂

Balance it out don’t be too needy/pushy and see how it goes. No need to walk away but persistence is needed. If I were you I would just focus on
    getting to know each other better(face to face) again don’t over do it with texts.

It is possible that she is using studying as excuse but why doubt when you don’t have reason you know take things as it goes. If you like her enough
    you won’t walk away that easily.

BenCalintz
    Participant
    May 9, 2015 at 4:08 pm #78672

I do feel like I am being a bit needy too, and I haven’t talk to her for a week now because I am trying to figure out what to do and also to give some space as well. So do I just get back in contact with her or do I still need to give it more time? Btw, I am going to work in a different state soon, so I will try to ask her out when it is possible. I think I just have to rely on texts at the moment.

brinl
    Participant
    May 10, 2015 at 6:18 am #78690

Yeah man, you gotta back off. You are being too needy, especially with the whole “miss her and having dreams about her”.

kayla556
    kayla556
    Participant
    May 11, 2015 at 3:08 am #78703

I support you,The girl must have something special for you.

BenCalintz
    Participant
    May 11, 2015 at 8:17 am #78699

Well, it has been a week so I try to contact her to see whether she will ignore me since she posted something on her Facebook. I went on and hit “Like” and put up a comment then both of us started chatting on the comment section and it later went into private chat. She told me she was on a vacation but during the chat, I didn’t use any flirty text messages with her, just some normal chatting. So I guess I will just have to keep in contact with her but not do too much and get to know each other more in the time being.

bumbletown88
    Participant
    May 12, 2015 at 1:04 pm #78771

If you feel special about the girl then I wouldn’t give it up just yet.

Megas10
    Megas10
    Participant
    May 12, 2015 at 3:37 pm #78783

I would just give her call and settle date if she wants to

chaza
    Participant
    May 14, 2015 at 4:17 pm #79026

I would give her some space and she will call to arrange in her own time

gman34
    Participant
    May 27, 2015 at 11:38 am #79772
    Reply To: I am confused, need some advice

Yea, give it sometime, you never wanna come across as needy to anyone. Give her some space, but keep other options open. You’re single, its ok to be open to dating someone else. After all, are you expected to just wait forever? And yes talk about how you feel as connecting as possible, if she’s away, call her. If she’s around, talk to her in person. Dont use text for serious questions.

plinky
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 11:02 pm #80876
    Reply To: I am confused, need some advice

Ask her to let you know when she is available and then you can make plans. If she is interested then she will be eager to get together once she is not so occupied with studying. If you never hear from her then you have your answer. A girl will agree to see you if she actually wants to see you.