I am very ambitious and active, should I stay away from the "nice but lazy" guys

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I am very ambitious and active, should I stay away from the "nice but lazy" guys

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ks5901
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 11:05 pm #56843

I am highly active, taking 40 mile bike rides and hikes, and I have been dating a lazier type guy for the past month. When I’m on my bike, I feel so lonely and crave a companion next to me, racing me and encouraging me and having fun doing it. He’s a really nice guy but I took him on an eight mile hike and he claimed he had fun but I could tell it nearly killed him (the two hikes he has ever been on in his entire life have been with me). How can I feel so lonely while I’m in a decent, loving relationship? I don’t want a female riding/hiking companion, I want and yearn for a male companion doing these things with me.

loveanonymousstyle
    loveanonymousstyle
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 3:08 pm #56923

Given that the relationship is only a month old and you feel lonely should tell you that there is no longevity on the horizon. At the end of the day “decent and loving relationship” sounds like you are settling. Life partners need to have common interests at the foundation. The couples that truly play together have a better shot at staying together.