I am very stuck on what to do. Please Help!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dan67
    Participant
    January 20, 2017 at 9:35 pm #123990

So there’s this girl I like and I want to ask her out but things could get complicated. We are pretty good friends and have known each other for years. But she happens to also be my best friend’s twin sister. This makes it complicated since a few months ago we talked and she mentioned her friends talking to her about a guy she thought was cute (he also happens to be a good friend of mine and my best friend). She said she wouldn’t want to date him because she wouldn’t want to date her brother’s friend. It would seem like this would cut me out but things are still more complicated, cause I’m much closer to her than the other guy, whom doesn’t care to have any romantic interests in her anyway. As I’ve mentioned we are good friends and share many common interests and I think we’d make a great couple. I don’t know if she likes me back though. When she sees me in the halls at school she says hey and waves with a nice smile and she is also in my English class and we talk a lot. Continued..

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 21, 2017 at 3:19 am #124003

I think it would be a good idea to ask her out and tell her how you feel, because one day she might date another guy and you’re going to be jealous, and it’s going to put a strain on your relationship with her.

woodj3
    woodj3
    Participant
    January 21, 2017 at 6:19 pm #124017

It’s healthier to make mistakes and and accept the outcome than it is to try and avoid making mistakes all together. If she dates another guy and you never tell her how you feel, you may project responsibility onto her. I’m with multisamsami… Go for it. Be responsible for your position and accept the outcome. Only growth can come of that.

Dan67
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 9:04 am #123991

However I don’t know if this is a sign of her being attracted or just her being a friend. As far as signs go she finds me to be funny but that’s all I can see by the way of signs. I really don’t know whether to ask her out and try to have a relationship or just try to stay friends. My worst fear is that she says no and for some reason wouldn’t even like me as a friend and that would end that. However I still want to ask her out but I don’t know if it should or if it’s the right time yet. Trying to let it pass and stay friends is really hard though because ever since this idea got in my head, it’s been stuck and I can’t stop thinking about her or the idea of dating her. I am really stuck so if someone should give me advice as to whether I should try to ask her out or not that would be great.

Dan67
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 9:05 am #123992

We talk a lot and she finds me to be funny but I don’t know or see any signs of attraction past this. I also don’t know if these gestures are attraction or just being a friend. I really want to ask her out but I don’t know if I should yet or if I should at all. My worst fear is that she says no and doesn’t like me anymore for some reason and our friendship is gone. But I want to ask her out and trying to put it all aside is really hard because ever since this thought came to my head it’s been stuck and I can’t stop thinking about her or the idea of dating her. I would love any help as to where I should go from here.

Dan67
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 9:05 am #123993

Oops restatement haha

Sw00n
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 9:05 am #124014

Yea, just go for it. you dont want to end up wondering what if or regretting not atleast telling her how you felt. JUST DO IT.

mdfl94
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 2:47 pm #124140

Go for it man don’t have the what ifs.