I Blew A First Date and Need A Woman's Advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Queryfox
    Participant
    July 18, 2015 at 12:13 pm #83003

I was out on a first date with a very intelligent, beautiful, & fun girl. It was great from 6 to 11:30pm talk bout everything, her friends liked my profile pic. We’re bout to order more drinks when I made the WORST mistake by slyly taking her pic to show my friends how beautiful she was. Thoughtless! She noticed when I sent it & was really mad. I was shaking, mumbling, so confused I cldnt find the pic on my phone, made no sense as I tried to explain. She deleted it & ended the date because she said I was sneaky & tryna cover up. She txt a friend bout it & she said WOW! She cooled down later, drop me to my car. Said she needed time & even msg me to say she got home. I apologize again but no reply. 2 dys ltr I left a VM asking to talk. She said my VM seemed sincere, but wasnt sure if I could say anything to change anything but she’ll listen. Busy & cldnt talk that week but didnt say when. I failed & I hurt cuz the creep image she sees is not me. SMH! Is it over? What should I do?

sarah84
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 8:23 am #83025

Oh dear, I can see how that would come across as ‘sneaky’ even if it wasn’t your attention. All I can suggest is that you take ownership of it – say that yes you did take the picture, that your intentions were good – even though it didn’t seem that way – and that you’re sorry for how it came across. Don’t grovel. Say it once, let her think about it, and then maybe check in with her again after a week.

lisa1106
    Participant
    July 26, 2015 at 12:50 pm #83265

i personally, would RUN from someone taking my picture without asking. If she doesn’t, she likes you! hahaha. ANYWAY, I advise you not to say anything about her appearance, lest you wish her to think you’re a creeper forever… sorry, but that is sooo weird. I would wait to hear back from her. DO NOT look weak! Just say “hey, I know I messed up, but I really like you and I think we have great chemistry. can I take you somewhere?” If she wants to drive separate, let her. take her to a nice (but not overly extravagant) dinner, go see a movie at a theater that is nice. let her initiate or ignore what happened! Many times I wished my ex would just drop what he’d messed up on… I don’t want to dwell on something that makes me uncomfortable. Try that and see where it goes! maybe she’ll see you again

Nicolette93
    Nicolette93
    Participant
    July 27, 2015 at 8:50 pm #83333

Its just like what sarah84 said, take ownership. Be honest that you had no intentions of using her photo in a negative light. Promise that this won’t happen again without her permission and give her some space to let her think.

Anonymous
    July 28, 2015 at 8:36 am #83347

i’m not sure why you would do that on a first date. that would frighten me. i’m surprised she’s actually still communicating with you. maybe she is still keen and you have an open window. i suggest buying her a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolate with a ‘sorry’ card. if she accepts explain yourself and apologise. be open and honest and own up like everyone is suggesting you do. if she accepts then start over. if not let it go 🙂

overthinker
    overthinker
    Participant
    July 30, 2015 at 3:00 pm #83445

I would wait it out and let her contact you. She is probably just upset and needs some time to cool down. The more you contact her the less interested she will be. She needs space.

pandora92
    Participant
    August 6, 2015 at 8:35 am #83645

dont contact her, if you pull away she will start to miss you and get back in touch when shes ready. if she doesnt then theres plenty more fish

newtodating2015
    newtodating2015
    Participant
    August 7, 2015 at 5:57 pm #83718

People make mistake, dating is not easy. Be honest about it. May be write her an email and sincerely apologize and admit that you make a mistake. Tell her you really like her and would like a second chance. If she is still interested, she’ll contact you. If not, move on and learn from it. Good luck! 🙂

vrj
    Participant
    August 8, 2015 at 12:05 am #83730

please do ask permission because even if girls already look good they still don’t trust complement from boys or other people they trust on what they see on the mirror? but if you really like the girl say a sincere sorry and bring something like flowers to show that you really sincere and that next you would do it again…