I Cannot Get a Good Read on this Girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anothermatt
    Participant
    October 11, 2015 at 12:10 am #86765

Long story short: I’ve been talking with this girl who works at a different office for the same company as me. We have not always gotten along very well, but recently we’ve been pretty flirty with each other, and she’s said some things that give the impression that she’s at least interested in hanging out some time. On the other hand, she doesn’t seem all that excited about it, because I gave her my number and she never texted me, and sometimes just doesn’t respond to my communications. No big deal; I figured I’d misread the situation and backed off a bit. I kept things brief and to the point, not icy, but not flirty either. But then, she called me the other day and asked basically “WTF? Why are you being short with me.” I e-mailed her yesterday and reassured her that we were cool. Then, she gave me her number and told me to text her this weekend. So, last night I did; she didn’t answer. I did again today, and we chatted for a little bit, but I can’t tell where this is headed.

anothermatt
    Participant
    October 11, 2015 at 12:13 am #86766

Half of our interactions leave the definite impression she’s interested in some level, but then other half, it seems as if she’s suddenly done a 180. I’m trying not to read too much into anything, but it died seen a bit odd to me

Dreezo
    Participant
    October 20, 2015 at 1:08 pm #87130

It sounds like you need to move on to the next step and that you’re done with the small talk. Try to organise something casual (not as a date) with her and see how that goes, she could just be playing games. Let me know how things evolve please 🙂

albert779
    Participant
    October 20, 2015 at 8:57 pm #87137

What do you know about her? It feels like she probably have another guy trying to get on her, and she is unsettled about it.

anothermatt
    Participant
    October 30, 2015 at 8:34 am #87667

So, an update: nothing really changed about the situation, but last week, she called me art work and asked if I wanted to go to dinner and get some drinks some time. I said “Yeah, sure.” Then, texted her later that night to find out when she wanted to go. Nothing in response. She called me again the next day, and said she’s terrible art writing people back, don’t be offended, and she’s got a busy life. I said I wasn’t offended, I understand, I’m busy also, that’s cool, whatever. Didn’t think anything of it, but obviously she couldn’t have wanted to go out too badly, or she would’ve suggested a time to do it. I mean, she asked me in the first place, so I’m not going to harass her about when we’d going to go out.

KittyCat
    Participant
    October 30, 2015 at 4:13 pm #87710

It sounds to me like she is either nervous or just plain indecisive. From a girl’s point of view, I sometimes wait to respond to texts because I’m trying to figure out where I want the situation to go. It sounds like this is going beyond the point of processing though.

zew16
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 5:53 am #87749

I think she is just plain indecisive

Sir82
    Participant
    November 11, 2015 at 1:57 pm #88310

She is maybe just playing hard to get and is testing the water somewhat. I would suggest patience or the ol go big or go home if you cant take it anymore….