I can't tell if this guy is still into me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:58 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jenna435
    Participant
    January 21, 2015 at 10:11 pm #71503

This weekend a really cute guy came up to me at a party completely out of the blue and started flirting with me, telling me that he thought i was really cute and asking me about my interests and upon finding out that i liked the outdoors, even asked me if i would go hiking with him and kept saying i better not forget and that he would come up to me the next day and remind me. We hung out for the rest of the night and walked around and talked about everything, I ended up going home with him but he never even tried anything for hours and we pretty much just cuddled and kissed until I finally made the first move. I gave him my number and it seemed that this could maybe turn into something. But then he never texted me, i’ve seen him a bunch of times since around campus and he’s really nice and we’ll talk for like 5 min but he still hasn’t followed up on plans and i feel like that means he isn’t actually interested, except i don’t understand why he acted like he was so into me.

Expat
    Participant
    January 22, 2015 at 2:13 am #71514

Well, at least for me if a girl sleeps with you on the first night after meeting at a party it’s kind of a signal that it’s just a fling. If he’s interested in you, he’s going to make the move of talking to you and initiate things. It sounds to me like he’s not interested in more than a casual fling now and then.

Cannoka
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 11:23 am #71797

He played you, plain and simple. That’s why you should never put out on the first date. Guys lose respect for you very quickly.

Spelunker11
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 6:58 pm #71814

He thought you were attractive on a physical level, but isn’t interested in anything more serious. Don’t take it personally; he may just not want to commit to anything.

LuxeGirl
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 8:17 pm #71817

It sounds like he was interested in you more than just a fling because he made the effort to actually find out things about you and ask you about yourself (let’s be honest; men that want a fling don’t think to ask those types of questions). Point is you can never tell what’s going on in someone else’s life. There might have been things that have gotten in the way in his personal life and his focus is elsewhere. The fact that he’s friendly to you when you meet on campus is a good thing. My advice would be to back off for a while and date around. Meet some other people, go to parties and have fun. Don’t put all your hopes in this guy. If he’s interested, he’ll come around.