I can't trust any women friend I have unless she's married and has her own.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:23 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mylove123
    mylove123
    Participant
    April 1, 2017 at 2:50 am #131797

Every time a guy I’m talking to is introduced to one of my other single female friends, it’s like they both “talk.” My friend claims he’s really young and isn’t boyfriend material but that doesn’t stop people from flirting. They were talking for most of the night and I didn’t like that, but because it’s not official right now…I can’t really say much. I’ve always had trust issues with single female friends. And this is happening all over again. I hope I’m wrong about this friend, but every time I have a gut instinct I’m always right and people betray me. People know I have trust issues with single female friends who try to date the same guy I’m wanting to date, but they don’t seem to care I like him a lot…and he plays into it, too, by talking to her instead of me. How do I bring this up? I lose single female friends because they don’t respect that I like someone and am trying to get to know him and it’s like an unintentional competition is created.

mylove123
    mylove123
    Participant
    April 1, 2017 at 2:54 am #131798

I didn’t introduce people so THEY could date. I thought everyone could get to know each other and all hang out…but people don’t seem to respect that I’m wanting to get to know a person to date him in the future and they use the excuse because he’s single to do whatever they want with him and him the same. I don’t mind that he dates other people, but when it’s one of my friends who I am hanging out with most of the time…I do have a problem with that…my friend has a child and he’s really young, so I hope he won’t be trying to date someone with a child, but still that doesn’t stop people from having a fling just because they have a child. The fact that people try to deny their attraction just says it all to me…she kept trying to tell herself/me that he’s like a brother as if to bury the want…maybe he really is like a brother to her, but that’s not how I feel. If I felt like she really thought of him as a brother, this wouldn’t be an issue at all.

mylove123
    mylove123
    Participant
    April 1, 2017 at 2:57 am #131799

I’m so sick and tired of people constantly breaking my trust that I don’t know what to do anymore. So far it’s just talking and semi flirting or whatever with them…but like I said…my gut instinct is always right and people end up showing me their true colors later on. I just want to be out of this mess so when something does happen, I’m not bothered by it. I don’t know how I can get over him if we hang out with the same friends and if I’m dating someone new, I don’t want to bring my new boyfriend to the group so they can talk to my single friend, too.