DATING ADVICE FORUM

I caught him in a little white lie and he didn't come clean

Author
    Comments

• kjones87654321
    Participant
    November 24, 2016 at 10:22 pm #118102
    I caught him in a little white lie and he didn't come clean

I met a guy online, we’ve been texting and FaceTiming for quite a while. I recently found out he hadn’t given me his real last name or his correct age. I asked if he had given me mis-information when we first started talking, and he said no. I told him what I had found and he denied it.

If someone else was telling me this, I would probably tell them to end it, but I have pretty strong feelings for this guy, and he seems to for me (he texts every morning, we FaceTime every night, we seem to be very compatible, he says he loves me…). I just worry that if it’s that easy for him to lie to me about his personal info, that he may also lie about bigger things.

On the other hand, I would hate to end a wonderful friendship and the possibility of an incredible relationship if it really was just a little white lie.

Any advice is appreciated – I’m really torn.

GratoNite
    Participant
    November 25, 2016 at 6:07 am #118112

bump

Nikola_Abrakadabra
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 1:45 pm #118266

I guess i’m always hiding my true info when i talk online with someone. If we really click I tell them “Hey, my name is Nikola not Peter”
    But that can sometimes turn off people and maybe afraid that you would stop chatting if he told you he lied..

Just tell him. Hey you know i lied about ABC bcz i was afraid of online dating privacy. Did you lied to me about something?