I could really use some advice right now

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Serendipity13
    Participant
    October 27, 2017 at 11:56 pm #154337

I’m in a facebook group with a bunch of other people who like and play games. I’m friends with a good number of them on FB, even going as far as meeting some in person for a convention over the summer.

Anyways, there is one girl in the group I like. We’re friends over FB and we message over FB too (it seemed like we were messaging often this whole week tbh). When we talk to each other it’s about movies or games or just dumb stuff in general. I’m really bad at making conversation and I feel like I need to have a conversation about something that can keep going. Or somehow casually drop hints that I am interested in her.

I’m bad at reading people but lately she seems to like a lot of status updates and photos I post. I don’t know how to flirt online

A few days ago I invited her to watch of stream of me playing a game and chat with me and two other people. She did join and while she only stayed on for maybe an hour, it was the first time I got to verbally talk to her in some form.

Serendipity13
    Participant
    October 27, 2017 at 11:59 pm #154338

When we do message on FB I try to not respond immediately and try not to message her frequently as well. I don’t want to come off as annoying or clingy?

I know talking to someone online is insanely different than in person but after my last relationship years ago it just feel like I’ve lost confidence in myself to talk to someone. But I really am interested in her. My friends on FB know it and they tell me I need to act upon it, I just don’t know how or what steps I should take.

Anything would be helpful. Thanks

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  Serendipity13.
    LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    November 6, 2017 at 9:03 am #155133

I’ve met lots of friends through the internet, but nobody I’ve actually developed feelings for. The main things I’d consider are:
    A) Is she of age? It’s the internet; everybody lies about their age at some point.
    B) Is she someone that lives nearby, or no? Would you be alright woth a long-distance relationship.
    C) Are you able to voice/video chat with her? Text chat is definitely a great way to meet someone, but the sooner you can communicate verbally, the better.

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    November 6, 2017 at 9:09 am #155134

I’ve met lots of friends through the internet, but nobody I’ve actually developed feelings for. The main things I’d consider are:
    A) Is she of age? It’s the internet; everybody lies about their age at some point.
    B) Is she someone that lives nearby, or no? Would you be alright woth a long-distance relationship.
    C) Are you able to voice/video chat with her? Text chat is definitely a great way to meet someone, but the sooner you can communicate verbally, the better