I don't hate calling her but it is sometimes hard to talk about nothing.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TheEagle1972
    Participant
    September 4, 2013 at 4:38 pm #38285

Hi

I have recently started a relationship with a great woman. I did make her sad by saying I don’t mind talking on the phone but I prefer txting. This made her very sad and say that she didn’t know that she could be with someone that she could not call as it would hurt her too much. I drove to see her and say of course I’ll talk with her and I do enjoy talking with her.

She does have a very softly spoken voice which sometimes I cannot hear clearly and I end up saying speak up or to repeat. I also have noticed large gaps in conversation on the phone, which I find uncomfortable. When we are together I’m happy with the long pauses and I love talking with her.

It is very strange that this does not transfer to phonecalls.

Do you have any advice?

heytheregoodlooking
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm #39285

Just man up and call her sometimes. I’ve had that same issue and there is almost no way to get around a girl that wants to talk on the phone. Every time I have tried it ends up in disaster.

potlucky
    potlucky
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:22 pm #39301

yeah man you need to be able to use the phone to actually call not just text. text has no personality. call shows you care. simple as that.

yobitch
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:30 pm #39318

everyone is all about texting now but some people still like to talk on the phone if you care about her then you will just call her it’s a very simple thing to do and you like her and maybe mention to her how you feel about talking on the phone – it’s all about communication people! Other than that I’m sure you’re doing fine.

TheEagle1972
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 5:25 pm #39358

Thanks Guys. I’m calling her but still feel like getting off the phone asap. Its just so bad that I don’t know why I just hate being on the phone for a length of time.