I don't know what to do about my crush

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

inesziou
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 12:36 pm #99446

So I’ve been texting with this guy for 3 weeks now. We have a lot in common and I’m really starting to like him, but I feel like I’m the only one making moves. From the start, I was the one who initiated the first conversation we had and I’m also the one who started every other convos. But when we text, he’s really into it, he asks me questions and it’s not a one sided conversation. We talked face to face once when we walked together after school and I really liked it. It was a little awkward (but it’s understandable, we had never talked face to face) but still nice and when we were saying goodbye, he opened his arms and hugged me. Does it mean that he likes me back or is he just really friendly and saw this as two friends walking together? We’ve texted since, but I feel like we’re always talking about the same things and it’s not going anywhere. I wanna stop the small talk and really get into deeper conversations with him but I don’t know how to do that. Help me, I want it to work.

Jack Henson
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 11:35 pm #99544

He definitely likes you. Try backing off for a bit and see what he does– wait for him to initiate.

Stella07
    Stella07
    Participant
    May 15, 2016 at 11:09 am #100437

Stop texting him on your own and wait for him to initiate. If he is really into you then he will be worried you are losing interest and start trying to get your attention by texting you on his own. If he doesn’t text you on his own, he was probably playing you this whole or not interested in a real relationship. But you won’t know until you stop initating for a while.

elmo3334
    Participant
    May 20, 2016 at 10:46 am #100855

I’ll agree with everyone else. He probably likes you, but you got to put him to the test. Let him try and initiate.