I don't know where I stand, what should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Unsureandin
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 8:12 am #141428

I met this great girl (Romanian) about 6 weeks ago, we were drunk in a club, had a great time and ended up going to her friends and had sex. We had kept in touch talking in WhatsApp and a couple of weeks later she invited me to her place. She lives 3 hours away on a train. I spent a couple of nights there and we had a great time. Again we kept in touch and she came to my city with friends, we went out together for coffee for a couple of hours and had another great time with a spark. Later on we both met up and she was with her friends we ended up going back to hers and spending the night. Since then we’ve been messaging here and there. Sometimes shes flirty nice and seems interested. Other times she replies with one word answers. I saw on Facebook she became friends with her ex as well. I have no idea where we stand or what’s going on but it makes me really anxious and I can’t stop thinking about it. I don’t know whether to pursue this or not. She works nights so texting is limited

Unsureandin
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 8:16 am #141429

I’m 25 and she’s 24 we both love to travel but she never really opens up. I have no idea if she is still interested or she’s just keeping g her options open. I want to talk or ask her about it but I’m afraid of scaring her off. She works nights and I work days so the windows we have to see each other are limited as well.

bz100
    bz100
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 4:02 pm #141432

Seems to me you’ve spent enough time together now that you can ask her. Not confrontational or demanding, just, “Hey, I’ve really enjoyed the time we’ve spent together but I’d like to know where you see this thing going, because it’s hard for me to read your signals.” If you can’t get to the point of having an honest talk by now, I’d say she’s not a good prospect.

Roddd210
    Roddd210
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 6:37 pm #141641

Does she text u? I would wait a few days see how it goes

July 11, 2017 at 8:45 am #141652

I agree with bz100. She’s getting feelings for her ex again. She could have just used you for a bit of fun while she was trying to sort her head out after being apart from her ex.

Bear in mind you’re both very young and especially at her age she wants to have a lot of fun before she settles down. I would ask her what bz100 said. You have a right to know whether she’s serious about you.

I think she’s not interested in you any more.

Unsureandin
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 12:41 pm #141716

Hi guys thanks for the advice. I haven’t messaged or spoke to her since and she has not attempted to contact me at all.
    I kind of tend to agree that maybe she has feelings again for her ex but one again I’m not sure whether that’s a viable thought as he no longer lives in the country! I don’t know whether I’m being a bit hasty or not because both of us are busy in work. I would have thought if she doesn’t attempt to contact me it’ll just fizzle out which could be best as that may show her interest if she does try again. I feel like I am quite unecessarily keen on her and it’s not reciprocated so I was going to play it cool and try and put it to the back of my mind and discount any relationship. Don’t know what you think?

sinister
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 12:53 pm #141729

has she ever texted u first?

Unsureandin
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 1:10 pm #141730

Yes usually 50/50ish