I don't know where the relationship went wrong; unexplained break up.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:31 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

7.62×39
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 1:57 am #94574

At first, I want to say that this absolutely devastates me because not only was there no explanation, she began dating another guy about 3 days after the break up! We were kissing, holding hands, laughing, playing around etc. and the next night, I get dumped!

I have quite a bit of questions:

1. How do you go about a breakup without your EX giving any sort of explanation? I want to know how I messed up and how I could be a better boyfriend in the future but how can you work on things if you don’t really know what went wrong?

2. How does one cope with a girl that jumped to the next guy just like that? Literally within 3 days!

3. How long will this pain last?

Many thanks to you all

yoga2424
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 11:01 am #94593

It sounds like your ex is immature, insecure, and has no self respect. My ex was also like yours. She never admit when she was wrong and blamed me for everything. Girls just love attention and women love respect. I don’t think you’ll have a problem finding a woman that respects you and herself.

7.62×39
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 4:17 pm #94627

It sounds like your ex is immature, insecure, and has no self respect. My ex was also like yours. She never admit when she was wrong and blamed me for everything. Girls just love attention and women love respect. I don’t think you’ll have a problem finding a woman that respects you and herself.

Thank you, I guess so but I still want to know how to be a better guy and it’s hard to know how because I don’t know where I went wrong. I messed up somewhere along the lines =(

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 9:33 pm #94666

I think she was probably already talking to this person behind your back. That’s usually the case when they jump ship to another boat. The pain will last as long as you allow yourself to wallow. Find someone new 🙂

7.62×39
    Participant
    March 2, 2016 at 12:20 am #94754

I think she was probably already talking to this person behind your back. That’s usually the case when they jump ship to another boat. The pain will last as long as you allow yourself to wallow. Find someone new

I will, thanks! I’ve had anxiety since birth and I’m kinda handling this breakup the way I handle my anxiety and it’s working great.

One important question: What can I do to be a better person or recognize how I made my mistakes.Again, she left with no explanation so I don’t know how I messed up. Thank you!

wellfuck
    wellfuck
    Participant
    March 2, 2016 at 10:25 am #94788

what goes up must come down

yoga2424
    Participant
    March 2, 2016 at 11:01 pm #94869

You probably did nothing wrong. Or if you did you owned up to it and moved on. I’ve learned not to fuck around with girls who make you consider changing who you are. Just keep being yourself and the right woman will appreciate it.

7.62×39
    Participant
    March 3, 2016 at 12:58 am #94871

You probably did nothing wrong. Or if you did you owned up to it and moved on. I’ve learned not to fuck around with girls who make you consider changing who you are. Just keep being yourself and the right woman will appreciate it.

Thanks! I appreciate it. It baffles me because it happened out of nowhere. I will still assume that it’s my mess up and I” do what I can to not make these “mistakes” again, but I’m having trouble trying to find what exactly those mistakes are.

dances_in_circles
    Participant
    March 3, 2016 at 9:02 am #94856

You probably didn’t do anything wrong, maybe she just wasn’t feeling the connection as much anymore. And unfortunately instead of talking to you, she took the easy way out. I know it’s hard but try not to think about her with another guy, you can’t do anything about that and it will only make you feel worse. Instead find something to fill your time and take your mind off of her. Go out with friends, work out, find a new hobby, read, whatever works for you. And talking to a new potential mate always helps to move on, even if you just sign up for online dating and never actually meet anyone on there, it’s nice just to see you have options!

7.62×39
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 4:26 pm #94989
    Reply To: I don't know where the relationship went wrong; unexplained break up.

Thanks! I much appreciate it. And yes, I’m working hard on staying busy: finishing my college certificate, exploring my hometown, spending time with my friends, doing mma etc; It’s helping a lot. I just can’t stay in one spot for too long or else I start to break down.

teamscon
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 4:54 pm #94991

Wasnt you she’s just immature. Find a hobby to engulf yourself in

hellogent
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 6:36 pm #95007

Any updates?

7.62×39
    Participant
    March 14, 2016 at 5:56 pm #95632

Any updates?

Hello! Sorry for the late reply. It’s been an up and down ride, but recently, things have been better since the day this stuff happened. I was doing well until I saw her walking a dog in front of my house on Friday. My friend was like “is that your ex?” and I just broke down inside again and I went inside my house because I didn’t want to see her (every time I see her or see a picture of her I break down)

Anyways, I’m going no contact for as long as possible and my goal with it is to heal and move on, not to get her back. I burned all the stuff she gave me but not really because I’m mad at her but mostly because I want to move on and not get reminded of her.