I don't now how to start the conversation.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pensfan123
    Participant
    February 22, 2016 at 3:10 am #94041

About two years ago I met this girl at a previous job. I found out she had a crush on me so we started talking and I asked her out on a date. That was my first date and we started “dating”. I was over her house everyday, texting each other all day, flirting at work etc. This lasted for about two weeks until we had sex. We were interrupted by her parents and for the rest of the night she was in a bad mood. The next morning I went home and started texting her and she was giving me this story about how all of her friends moved away and she doesn’t think that she should be in a relationship but she wants to stay friends until she figures everything out etc. so she broke up with me. Eventually she started ignoring me and either block me on Facebook or deleted her account. Well now she’s back on Facebook and I really want to start a conversation to see if it leads anywhere but I don’t know what to say. She was my first GF by choice so I obviously really like her. What should I say?

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 22, 2016 at 12:07 pm #94078

Don’t overthink this, it’ll lead you to failure. The best thing you can do is say “hey” and hope she replies. If she doesn’t, give it more time. You don’t want to bombard her with messages. She ended things with you so it’s going to be her decision to come back to you, you just have to put yourself in the right place non-aggressively. Try sending her a link to an event through FB if she replies (boom date).

pensfan123
    Participant
    February 24, 2016 at 12:08 pm #94260

So I sent a message to her last night and it said she saw it right away but I never got a reply so I guess that answers that

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 24, 2016 at 2:34 pm #94285

I think you’re making the right move, but I’ll leave you with this story that may change your mind. I once tried to talk to a girl through FB because I thought she was attractive (I had never met her in person, but I knew she lived close by). It didn’t go so good. She ignored my messages the first three times I messaged her casually. Eventually I forgot about her, but one day I was reminded of her when I saw her post something on FB. I decided to hit her up one more time and was brutally honest: “I don’t like to bother people but I feel like I’ll be making a huge mistake if I don’t at least try to say hey one more time” and she responded to me.