I don't want to be labeled. ever.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

blogitt_now
    Participant
    November 9, 2012 at 2:33 pm #15758

I know it’s one thing to be labeled by society as either lesbian or gay or bi or what not but I hate that. I hate that I have to be conformed to these stupid boundaries, I haven’t been on too many dates with girls but it’s natural, I have fun and I go with the flow.

Am I wrong here or does this make sense? There’s so much pressure from the world, I’m getting sick of it

WiseOnWhiskey
    WiseOnWhiskey
    Participant
    November 9, 2012 at 2:58 pm #15762

I know exactly what you’re talking about. I’m not a woman, but I have my own stereotypes to deal with as a gay man. The best thing I can tell you is just be yourself and ignore those labels. The way to affect change is to be the change, and to change stereotypes, you got to act like yourself, because you’re not a stereotype.

blackbird glide
    blackbird glide
    Participant
    November 9, 2012 at 3:07 pm #15765

Solid advice, WiseOnWhiskey. I think that’s spot-on.

isis_brown
    isis_brown
    Participant
    November 9, 2012 at 3:55 pm #15787

I agree, but it is so hard, sometimes, because almsot anything you do can be viewed through a stereotype filter. For example, I really like softball,and I’m a good pitcher. But people look at me and say, oh, of course she plays softball, she’s lesbian.

Tesla
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 11:34 pm #47213

Agree

SeaShells
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 8:58 am #92526

I don’t mind labels, but I I do respect people’s decisions not to label themselves or to not be labelled by others. Just be who you are, unapologetically you and you alone. As long as you are not hurting anyone in the process, you can label yourself as a purple tire for all I care 🙂