I feel in like I'll never find a girlfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BenjiMan
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 4:20 pm #91163

I am hoping to get some help here. At the moment I am sixteen, seventeen next month. I have never had a girlfriend and I have never asked anyone out, I just feel like I’d just get turned down or seen as corny.

I am 6″3 nearly 6″4, I keep care of my self, shower every morning, smell good, have a few blackheads because well, I’m a teen. And I work full time, I really want a girlfriend, but I am not sure how to meet or introduce myself, where when? If I see a pretty girl in town do I go up and introduce myself and go onto say I think she looks beautiful? I am sorry I just don’t know how to find one, I am finding it hard. Thanks

Hope you can help

lonewolf88
    Participant
    January 8, 2016 at 8:50 am #91283

Teenage dating is the easiest yet most confusing/complicated to teens. First and most importantly, most women fear monger….youll have to prove over time you are no threat to them after you get the chance. Your size/height may be intimidating to them. Secondly, you are young, kid. No need for the emo stuff. I advise you stick with teenage girls in your age range, 15-17. If you are more daring and want to date an adult woman, do extensive research on Age of Consent laws in your state. Try in school first between classes, at lunch and maybe an hour before school starts and 30-60 minutes after your class and the girl you are interested in classes end. Often between 7th and 9th period for most. In school is ideal. Again, research age of consent laws first. I don’t want to give you advice for the community without knowing you are informed.

coconutmilkshawty
    Participant
    January 8, 2016 at 2:39 pm #91346

trust me you will just try to better yourself in every way, fitness, your personal lif, your career, etc. it all comes naturally you attract it. take it from me i was just like you almost a year ago but i decided to better my self and good things happened

everything
    Participant
    January 8, 2016 at 2:48 pm #91349

You never asked anyone out. This is America, girls don’t ask men out Ask girls out on date, you got a car and license to take them to the movies, etc.? Keep in mind many women are not settling and having kids until they are about 40, established in a career, done with college, etc.

So, it’s really a different playing field than ever before. My advice .. get a dog because your really only good for your sperm and money in this society.

Take your dog for walks, lots of walks, you’re odds of at least meeting girls will increase as they will stop to see the dog (not you, lol).

I’m sorry, it’s kind of a tough gig these days, doesn’t have to be, but it is. Also, the divorce rate for marrying foreign girls is way less than marrying American girls. Wait until your 18, get yourself in college, and get yourself a real girl, American girls have lost their luster, just trust me on this one.

Latina girls are known for having the best temperament.

Wittgenstein
    Wittgenstein
    Participant
    January 12, 2016 at 4:29 pm #91456

My advice? Ask another guy you know IRL who has had experience with dating. I did this and got into my first (albeit ultimately failed) relationship that lasted 3 years.

Pretty lame advice I know, but it’s all I got. Only dated one girl in my life.

xxlucasdxx
    Participant
    January 12, 2016 at 6:31 pm #91460

Dont worry about it. Make friends with females. Be friendly, and be yourself. They’ll see the confidence and like how you aren’t nervous.

January 13, 2016 at 6:53 am #91473

If you’re worried about getting turned down, or being corny, you’re completely overthinking it.
    The only way to get better at dating is to go for it.
    Talk to more girls in class, talk to girls on campus, talk to girls at the mall. The theme here is to talk to girls, because you’ll never get anywhere without putting yourself out there.

scott32wolvo
    scott32wolvo
    Participant
    January 13, 2016 at 4:06 pm #91562

Your doing more than most guys could do at your age and thats having the bottle to walk up to them and compliment them. I used to be scared to do that when I was your age. Girls like a guy who holds his confidence and cool around them. Get chatting to her about her hobbies and interests and try to find some common ground. once you find something you both like then capitalize on it..make it your main talking point. After talking for a few occasions, suggest you go to an event or for a drink where you can get to know each other better and share your common interests.

Anonymous
    January 14, 2016 at 9:18 am #91608
    Reply To: I feel in like I'll never find a girlfriend

I feel like I’ll never have a girlfriend. I’m 17 and I have never been in a relationship before and I don’t even have any female friends. I’m really not exaggerating about the female friends part. Most guys can at least say they have one or a few girl friends. I have a real hard time socializing but it is easier for me to talk to other guys than girls. I don’t even have many guy friends. No girl has ever approached me about dating or anything like that. Only a few girls have called me cute before but more girls have called me ugly and made fun of my looks before. I haven’t been “bullied” in years but the effects still linger as I have low self-esteem. I find it hard to think of any positives about myself that girls would like. I’m a pretty smart guy, but I’m not really attractive, my voice is breathy and ugly, I have no social skills and I’m extremely awkward, and there’s nothing interesting about me or anything that makes me stand out. I hate seeing girls that I think are really attra