I feel like a reject

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I feel like a reject

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

NashTNTeacher
    Participant
    June 24, 2016 at 2:33 am #103980
    I feel like a reject

Hello to everyone out there. My name is Amanda. I’m 42 years old and I feel like there is something wrong with me. I’ve only been on 2 dates in my entire adult life. I was actually forced to go on the first date because the guy helped out a family member so it was like repayment. Nothing happened on the date. We had dinner and he took me home. The second date was with a different guy and seemed very different. I have been doing online dating on Match.com for several years and I got very excited because one man showed interest in me and wanted to meet for coffee and donuts. I thought we had a connection. After the date we even talked about going out again. But shortly after that he just stopped talking to me. I have talked to at least 5 or 6 men on Match. They will talk to me for awhile and then just refuse to talk anymore. Although it’s not a relationship, I still consider it being dumped.

NashTNTeacher
    Participant
    June 24, 2016 at 2:39 am #103981

Continuing my story….I am currently talking to a guy from Match. He seems to be interested in me. The problem is he won’t ask me out and we’ve been talking for 2 years. I’m sure it’s because he doesn’t have a job and lives at home with his dad. He is a mechanic and his family pays him to work on their cars. He’s a very nice guy…not very educated, but education is not everything. I don’t want to give up on him because I feel like he’s the only guy that will ever like me. Up until now I’ve experienced nothing but rejection going all the way back to middle school. When I was in middle school a group of boys made a circle around me and barked at me, implying that I was a dog. That broke me for a long, long time. I just don’t understand why men don’t like me. I’m a very kindhearted, christian woman. I’m not ugly…infact…I teach first graders and they all tell me I’m pretty. So my question is….what’s wrong with me?

Boultwood
    Participant
    June 24, 2016 at 8:58 am #103987

Hi Amanda. sorry to hear you’re having such a tough time. You say you’ve been talking to the guy for 2 years, do you like him? If so, why don’t you ask him on a date?

dhect3
    Participant
    June 24, 2016 at 11:35 am #104004

you are not a reject

NashTNTeacher
    Participant
    June 28, 2016 at 9:38 am #103982

Continuing again……Do I give off an Aura of sadness because I’ve been rejected so much? Should I give up on this guy that is interested because he doesn’t have a job? Should I just throw in the towel since I’m 42? HELP!

Oh, forgot to say…I’m not judging this guy because he lives at home. I live with my parents as well (for economic reasons only).

eljay
    eljay
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:02 am #104396

hello Amanda, I am Jay and I am 40. not a pickup line just letting you know we are in the same age group. I would like to help you. I fashion my self as a self proclaimed “sociologist” ( did take soft science courses in college but my degrees are business and IST). If you want to date, instead of going online, go out in your area where people our age hang out (trust me, we are 80’s babies we always have a spot somewhere). When you first go out, don’t go out to hook up, go out to listen and look. You will notice patterns like what guys say versus what they mean and what attracts men and what doesn’t . If you need help with this reply with questions and I will answer. You may find the person for you by going out or by going on the internet. But, in order to find that person, you must first find out who you are, how the dating pool works. Then you can learn how to navigate that pool.

cocoabear
    cocoabear
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:22 pm #104484

It has nothing to do with you, it has to do with these men. Love who you are and know that the right person will be interested and love you no matter what and will stick by your side.