"I feel like I talk to you too much"

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 3:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Carmela
    Carmela
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 11:26 am #145233

Alright, so I have been messaging w/ a guy for a few months now, who lives on the other side of the country.

I feel as though there is definitely an attraction… but I have never met the guy in real life! Last week, he messaged me out of nowhere that he “feels like he interacts with me/comments on stuff too much for someone he doesn’t know in real life”.

We met in a Fbook group about politics, so I responded with “Lol, I agree, but it’s really fun discoursing with you”… he then proceeded to say, “I feel like I interact with too many avatar-people I’ve never met in real life these days”.

How do I interpret this? Yes I know, I’m in love with a guy I have never met in person and I realize the repercussions. Am I being desperate? Is there meaning to his aforementioned message? He still messages me everyday with playful banter. How do I move the relationship forward when he lives so far away? Skype?

BenClar
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 1:00 pm #145234

I think I might get where he’s coming from. He’s found a connection with you that’s unlike most of his other online interactions and he’s not sure how to handle it. He probably wishes he could find the same connection in person. Yeah, Skype would be your best option until your able to meet up face to face.

Carmela
    Carmela
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 1:37 pm #145236

Thank-you! Will try and set up a Skype session with him.

rw005
    Participant
    August 13, 2017 at 10:58 am #145250

Give it sometime and talk to him 🙂

phoenixshikhar
    phoenixshikhar
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 2:07 am #145261

Arrange a date! meet that person how often we fall for such thing, it’s rare go for it!!!!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 11:19 am #145365

although very easy to do and very common today – yes you’er jumping the gun way too much. You can’t “love” somebody youv’e never met, most especially if you haven’t known them that long. What your’e “in love” with is the character you’ve created in your head representing him. Now I’m not saying it’s impossible – internet romances have sparked millions of times over the years – but FAR MORE have been farses and not worked out. So beware. Tone it down. take your time. and meet first (and more than once) to conclude.

As to how to interpret his latest comments. I’m not sure. He may be trying to wiggle off the hook. He may be going thru somethign in his life. I’m not sure. YOu’ll just have to keep communicating and see what his continual reaction to you is to find out.