I fell for an old friend from school. How do I approach her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Adrari
    Participant
    September 30, 2014 at 1:11 pm #65098

Yesterday I was at a class reunion. We went to school together from when we were 7 to 12 years old, so it had been a while. It wasn’t a great party, kinda tame, but it was nice seeing my old friends and all that. In particular I met this one girl who I wasn’t ever really great friends with, although I did hang out with her circle of friends. At the party we didn’t talk that much, because as we were getting started taking shots together she started feeling sick and so that was that. Right now I can’t stop thinking about her. The problem is that we don’t live in the same town anymore and we don’t really have a lot of common friends except for my old friends from that school. She does, however, go to school close to me. She may very well not be interested in me at all but I have to at least try. She’s definitely not expecting me to contact her or anything, and she certainly isn’t going to contact me, so how do I contact her?

YoungMario
    YoungMario
    Participant
    October 2, 2014 at 9:04 am #65164

Remote love is always challenging to begin with… Is she available at all? My experience in this -old friend- thing has been to be up front. Go for it. If you don’t ask, you’ll never get.

people123
    Participant
    October 5, 2014 at 1:39 am #65308

Know what you mean man. It is really hard start a convo with someone when they are not “remote” as YoungMario said. But hey, you should at least give her try. Call her up if you have her number or find her on facebook or somethin!!